I will start out by saying that my great big city trip was real... and it was fun...and it was just darn real fun. heehee.
I am just so grateful for a fantastic friend who made me feel so at home, and was such a doll to be with as I knew she would be! THANKS LISA! I love you!
We had the bestest time ever. Here's my fun-time rundown: ( It may be long for some, but this is my journal dudes and I am chronicling these events so my totally horrible memory can revisit for the future.)
Day uno: Lisa collected me from the airport, and we did not stop to go home- we headed straight to "Greenwich Avenue" where nothing but great chic shops line along a perfectly manicured New Englandy street. We started out strong at my very own personal fave, BCBG
, where I helped Lisa get some fabulous new things for her wardrobe. Heading towards Tiffany's, we hit a sweet designer denim stop, and some precious children's boutiques too! We then had lunch out on a patio of this fantastic Italian Restaurant. (the owner of that restaurant came over and talked to us for a while and told us we were the best looking women on the Avenue that day-can anyone say -ego booster?)
After a little more shopping we headed over to another great area with more quaint little shops. We got a pedicure (thanks for the B-day gift Lisa!) together and had these to DIE for crepes with nutella and banana gellato BEFORE (we were starving) dinner at a cute and fresh Mexican restaurant called "Tequila Mockingbird" Cute name- huh! Ended the evening with us going home and dancing like silly 13-going-on 30 girls to Tiffany music around her family room! Haha! It was a thrilling beginning to my visit.
Day 2- We were up and at 'em and off to the Big Apple. NYC was a beautiful place all weekend long. Gorgeous weather and fantastic activities! We started by eating at this really cool restaurant called TAO, which had the biggest Buddha statue I have ever seen in my life. Very Hollywood chic, I would guess. And then Lisa and I walked up Madison Avenue for several hours- through the crystal district (eek!) ,!
and through nearly every amazing jewelry store we could. This is me wearing a gorgeous and completely ostentatious necklace in Swarovski! We stopped at one and had a great time trying jewelry on for over an hour. It was like dress up day! After that we were trying to meet up with my "Internet friend" (my first and only!) I made reading a blog- but it didn't work out that day. She is a busy working NYC model/actress mom who I got to meet up with the next day. Then Lisa and I headed all the way downtown to the Statue of Liberty area and ate some delicious dinner on a patio overlooking the Hudson river and Lady Liberty!
After a quick subway ride back to the theatre district, we delighted in the musical version on Broadway of Legally Blonde! It was funny, clever, and totally great. A perfect show for our fantastic girlie trip! The night did not end there- we came out of the show at 10:30 at night, and times square was lit up like it was 2pm in the afternoon and the crowds were there as well! We headed over a couple of blocks to Swing46 and had some classic NY cheese cake, some live Swing music- and to our surprise even some real Swing dancing! It was so fun- yet reminded us how out of shape we are! We were heaving and exhausted after one or two dances!!
Bedtime that night was 3:30 am!
Day 3- Well, because of our Late night the previous evening, we didn't get back into the city until around 2 in the afternoon on Saturday. It turned out to be perfect timing though for me to meet a friend I have only known through emailing! Kristy Glass is her name, and I was kind of scared to meet someone who I had only known through "cyberspace"! What if we totally did NOT get along? That would be so awkward! I was actually fairly apprehensive about our little meeting!
We met at a Babies R Us on 14th street, Union Square, where Kristy's adorable 2nd daughter was plastered over all the walls on huge posters as their baby model. She led us to a quaint little Southern food serving dive called the chat'n'chew. It was greasy yummy! And the greatest thing of all was that she was adorable and sweet and we got on like old girlie pals!! I had a feeling when I first emailed her that we had a lot in common, and it's really no joke! I am so glad we met. What fun! Now I am sure every time I come to NY we'll get together.
Day 3- Sunday- I was able to attend Church with Lisa at her new Congregation in Greenwich. Met some of her new acquaintances. And after a nice block of church... naughty me - I grabbed the train back to the city and spent the rest of the day in Chinatown...and if you've ever been to Canal st, you KNOW why.
Day 4 -Last Day in Ct was a Beach Day- I got burned like a little red lobster, but aside from that it was picturesque and beautiful all day long! It was a relaxing way to refill my cup in order to come home and become "super mommy" again!





1 comment:
AWESOME...glad we will be seeing more of each other! And send me that pic as a jpeg will ya?
NYC FRIEND< KAGEY KAGE
Post a Comment