~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, June 11, 2007

It's MONDAY AGAIN.
I got my first permanently damaged section of my wallpaper today as Dane decided to slash a blue streak onto the wall by our fireplace in the living room using a "WASHABLE" marker. I immediately tried to wash it and it didn't even FADE!!! Then I made the horrible mistake of using a magic eraser! It immediately scrubbed the print off the face of my wallpaper and STILL didn't touch the marker!! It was merely a random act that he gave no thought to....and unfortunately for me I will have to replace an entire section of paper now! Well, my husband will anyway. Sniff. Darn it. I am venting because this literally only happened like 30 seconds ago. Uuuuugggghhhh.


Well, the real reason I was going to post was to show this chair that I fixed up over the past couple of days. It is for Lena's little vanity table. It has a great vintage damask patterned fabric that I found over 6 years ago and have saved. It is satin pale pink and pale pea green. And I painted the old wood pale pink. I am loving it!


Today we went to the park, didn't do much around the house. And on Sunday we had a new couple over who has 2 kids the same age as ours, and, miraculousy- I think we have a potential set of new GOOD friends to hang out with! they were both cool, great sense of humor, nice, and I think a lot like us. Now that is like finding a peice of real chicken in generic chicken noodle soup. Practically impossible. And tomorrow we are having an all day pool day, so even though my wall is damaged- I have good things coming up to diffuse my frustration with that.

No comments: