~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, January 19, 2008

DATE NIGHT!
~
We got to go out tonight! Yesterday my little sis from a neighboring city drive the hour over with her kids and just had a fun sleepover with us. Both of our hubby's were basically booked straight(with either job work or fix-up-the-house work) for the past 48 hours, so we decided to come together to pass the time! It was great, we love spending time together, and the kids loved playing together. And -YAY- we got to "test" out my new Silver cross stroller on her baby!! She fell asleep in it within the first 15 minutes we layed her in it!! It was sooo COOL! We took the kids out for Pizza on Friday, and then we watched a movie on our "big screen" as Dane calls it. (Using our projector on the wall) Fun, fun.
~
After she took off tonight, the DH and I had a fantabulistic evening out. First we went to

Bon Vie for dinner. It really was DELIGHTFUL! I loved everything I got, especially the Lobster Bisque. Then we went to the Symphony to hear this violinist perform romantic violin music of Korngold and Beethoven. It was conducted by this great man who was not only superb at his conducting, he had a completely unique way of moving - almost choreographic as he led his symphony. Very musical and yet extremely dance-like too. It was amazing to watch him.

In some ways, I enjoyed it even more than our Broadway series shows. The classical music is so moving to me, so amazing to watch this large group of musicians playing together, feeling the beauty of it. It really almost moved me to tears a few times. And even though the talent has been practically hidden in a bushel for 11 years or more, I did actually play the flute and piccolo during my school years, so I understand a bit of what those musicians are feeling up there. Thanks to my Mom and Dad, I learned the piano as well, and because of those things I gained a pretty deep love of music. It touches my soul, and it needs no words to do it. It is amazing. Anyway, really one of the more beautiful nights we've had as of late. Relaxed and enjoyable. Holding hands as we took in the fullness of the music. And even though he's not had a musical background, Mark loves and appreciates it too- which I am SOO grateful for! He is truly my best friend! A great night all around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what fun! and i love love love your new layout!

xoxo.

katie