Shopping, Commiserating, and becoming one with the PAINT.
Where I left off last week-
On Thursday I had a super fun day that I haven't had in a long, long time. I was really wanting/needing a girl's night out, and I ended up getting two in one day! In the late afternoon, I started by heading out with a friend as a fashion consultant to help her pick out some new wardrobing staples. We first went to DSW, where we found about 4 or 5 pairs of great shoes for her. We then made a stop at TJ Maxx, where she tried on practically everything but the kitchen sink, and ended up with 2 great but different pairs of jeans, a cute little ruffled jacket, a nice thick longer cardigan sweater that tied, and several tops to wear. I also found a thing here and there for myself (of course). It really was only the beginning of her redoing her wardrobe she admitted, but it was a great start none the less. We finished our excursion with a yummy stop at Panera, where I have been LONGING to go, with my pregnant appetite in tow! I had a great time!! Especially cuz I got to help spend someone Else's $$ (for once!)~
Then, quite later in the evening, a new friend invited me over to her house for what my husband called a "date" only because it was just her and I. I brought homemade caramel popcorn, and she had chocolate chip cookies and other yummies. We are both kind of looking for someone to hang out with I think, someone we really click with- and it was great! We gabbed/snacked straight for nearly 4 1/2 hours! SOO FUN. I really was so glad to have the chance to get to know a new girlfriend!
Our awesome weekend activity was FINALLY getting to our Master bedroom/bathroom area. I have put off redecorating those rooms because there have always been other pressing concerns- but it got to the point where I was either going to smash the entire contents of the room with the largest hammer I could get my hands on, or we start the long-awaited process. So I bought the paint and we got crazy with taping and painting the hideousness also known as the icky purpley reddish color that was defiling my master bedroom! After two heavy coats, I still have one full coat to apply in the bed room, and then I'll move on to the bathroom areas. I just thrive with a messy construction site in my house! I know I am crazy- but it gets me excited to know stuff is moving along, and I am laying out the fabric and thinking about the window treatments I am going to make... it's all going to move pretty quickly from here on out! (Let's hope!) And I will have some fantastic before and after pics to post!





No comments:
Post a Comment