Worst of times: Since our babysitter could only stay until 9pm, we decided the kids could come back out with us for the last hour of the night from 11-12, and what the heck, I thought, one night a year of staying up late for New Year's won't kill them, right? Maybe it'd would be very memorable! Let's just say this picture sums up both Dane and Lena's thoughts on the whole thing. "NO. THANK. YOU. TAKE.ME. HOME." And so Mark did. And I guess you could say that was memorable. Only in the wrong way.
Best of times: Here's a lovely shot of some fire throwing performers. Pretty cool. 
Worst of times: I have no picture to show it, but after a rather strangely anticlimatic and unfulfilling "Ball Lift" (as opposed to ball drop)at the center of town for the big moment, it started like freeze raining, and we had to walk home to our house with a crying freezing 6 yr old weeping all the way.
New Year's Day has been equally bizarrely high and low, leaving me puzzled and completely fearful of getting behind another wheel (thank-you icy roads that caused me to AGAIN bump into the person ahead of me's bumper- AAACK!), totally happy to reconnect with some new friends we made a while ago that we love for a wonderful breakfast this morning, and shocked that somehow, while sitting at a gas station getting gas, listening to music, our LR-Disco's battery DIES, and needs a jump! We also hit some great after XMAS sales and picked up some great Deco for next year. (okay- I'll admit I started putting a few new ornaments on the tree- Can't I enjoy them now?)






No comments:
Post a Comment