~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, January 07, 2008

Weekend Update...
Well, my delicious Silver Cross Stroller came over the weekend and ohhhhhhh, I am so in LOVE with it! Totally Awesome! I was like a kid at a candy store over it as DH put it together- which I might add, required virtually no assembly. Brilliantly designed. I was rambling to Mark about it and I said, "I am JUST ECSTATIC about this!" and Lena chimed in from across the room,
"Mommy, does that mean your back hurts really bad?" What? I thought.
"No, hun, that just means mommy is super excited."
"So, what do you love more, Pearly (her kitten) or you new Stroller?" She is incredibly talented at posing these moral dilemma questions.
"Of course I love Pearly more!"
Okay, I have to admit it may have been a little white lie at the moment. But the important thing is to teach that we don't love things more than family members.
Anyway, it was a highlight to my day. Then we made the hour and a half drive over to my Little Sis's new (old) House that they have just moved into to help them unpack. We spent much of Saturday doing that, and it's looking definitely better now. At least more moved in! In the evening we went to my Mom and Dad's for Dinner and spent a few hours there, where they hosted us so sweetly. We drove home really late, because of Church meetings early in the morning.
Sunday was pretty hilarious because we have a new schedule, Church now starts at - get this- 8:30 AM!!! And I am like NOT a MORNING person, I complain constantly about getting Lena to school by 9AM! And, I totally slept through the alarm Mark set for me. Let's just say we rolled out of Bed, threw on Clothes, (and Makeup) and I packed cereal for the kids to eat during church! They had barely woken up fully and we were sitting in a pew at Church already. Kinda funny, and hey- then we're done really early and have the whole day left to spend together- which is perfect!
And today we are back to reality, School, Gymnastics classes, etc.. I am keeping the decorations up for sure! I need the jolt of post Holiday cheer!

No comments: