More Random things..
I am only just starting to feel the lightest fluttering kicks of my baby now. It is so cool. I love to know that there's actually something in there! I could just sit and do that for quite a while. Being pregnant is such a unique experience, and for the most part I have been spared much pain or agony with it so far, which I really do consider a blessing. It's still so hard to imagine the fact that we have a new baby coming.
Last night was another of our Broadway Series Date Nights, to see The Wedding Singer, which was funny and totally entertaining. Such a cute upper compared with the dark tragedy of Sweeney Todd. I should really rename the night "speed date- Broadway-show night" because so far for EVERY SINGLE show we've seen, it's not been exactly a leisurely dinner, followed by us going to the theatre. Oh, noooo- we have every single time had someone either throwing up at home, otherwise deathly ill, or running so incredibly late that we are like making a mad dash for the front door before they close it on us into the theatre. And I am always running in heels, for crying out loud. I should just start planning on wearing running shoes next time, so at least when we are late I will be comfortable. And- I felt like I looked pretty cute last night- but did we take the time to even remember our digital camera to grab a few pics? Noooooo. Oh well, I guess there's always the symphony. Haha. We have tickets to a lot of fun events this season so I know I am being a brat by complaining. But seriously , the closest thing to eating a dinner out was dashing into Panera before Sweeney Todd, and slurping our soup and sandwiches down in the car before we ran in to the show. Oh, So romantic. Really, we are so romantic lately I should write a book on 101 ways to wow your spouse. (deep sarcasm)
In other aspects of our lives, I am VERY excited about something totally benign and not exciting to most people, that I am learning about. Budgeting. I found through another friends recommendation, a website that is I think going to make a huge difference in our lives. I will admit wholeheartedly that we have kinda sucked at money management our whole marriage. We know how to make it, we know how to spend it, but when anything else like saving, budgeting, investing, etc... is involved I as well as my DH are known to get a sort of Glassy-Eyed Stare, and start blankly nodding our heads like we totally know what you are talking about but deep down have never actually had a successful plan for ourselves. We've talked about that stuff a lot, we've read books on investing, we've tried to keep and maintain a budget a thousand times over- but really, for a reason unknown to any man except maybe God himself, we have been unable to figure out how be good money managers. So anyway- I might as well be the new sales rep for THIS amazing program because I have started with it and I think it may well change our lives in this area. I've never been so excited to budget and felt like it was totally possible to keep up!! Anyway... I will keep you updated on how it goes for us. It just very exciting to me to think I can actually be good at something I have felt like a mess with for 11 years!





1 comment:
Seriously...the budget is the most amazing program ever conceived. I was nodding my head as you were describing your previous budgeting expertise. I love, love, love the software. It works so well for our un-number heads. I'm so glad you love it, too!
Post a Comment