~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, December 29, 2007

I GOT SOME SERIOUS BABY BOOTIE.

No, not that kind of bootie. Like the Ruby kind in the movie "Flushed Away" where Roddy yells "the bootie is in the bootie!" Translation -Bootie=Very Valuable item. Last night I was doing some searching for my future companion of choice. My baby's new best friend. The very item that will be toted pretty much everywhere I go once this little pip squeak is born. Yes I am talking about a stroller. The first stroller I ever bought I purchased online BEFORE I was even pregnant, because it was the exact style and color I knew I would want. It was a black Combi with leopard print accents. I even bought a matching slipcover for my infant car seat. Nearly 8 years later, I still have that stroller, and although pretty worse for wear it still gets used ALL the time. But unfortunately I have lost all love and adoration for that old thing. I in fact loathe it now, for it's difficult to maneuver wheels and annoyingly difficult closure.
And in nearly 8 years, I am not blind to the fact that strollers have come a LONG way in ease of use. So, last night I started randomly looking on Consumer Reports at their reports on Strollers. I started showing my DH the fun websites for my two most coveted brands, Bugaboo and Silver Cross. It is so fun to watch the bugaboo videos. They are so cool and artistic. So I started looking around - on Ebay, overstock, all sorts of other baby websites. I was quickly narrowing into what I thought I liked. There was a silver cross at Overstock that was half off and very cute.
Then, in a strike of what I can only call Divine Intervention- I did a Google search and came up with a website offering an amazing deal I could NOT pass up!! So- with no less than a few minutes of further research- I bit on it like a fish to a line! My new stroller is this OH- SO -AWESOME Silver Cross Lifestyle Linear Freeway, in Black and Pistachio!(the one pictured on the left)! I was so giddy about it last night I told Mark I'd have dreams all night of Silver Cross strollers dancing in my head. Oh- I so deserve this after all the annoyance I've put up with my old one! I just can't wait 'till it arrives!




1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

what would we do with out online shopping??... love it!