Wild Lights at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium was our destination last night, as Mark had the day off and the next morning off too. It really was gorgeous, and I am so glad we went. And I guess I was too mesmerized by the lights to take any pictures, other than these of Mark taking Dane and Lena ice skating at the little outdoor rink they had. He's a former ice hockey boy so he actually knows how to skate. Having grown up in Minnesota, ya. There was a time when I think I knew how to skate, but that was a long time ago, so I decided to keep Mark from having both our kids and me hanging on to him around the rink.
It was Lena and Dane's first time on skates. Mark did this thing where he basically completely held them around their waists and just quickly skated them around the rink. They got to go fast this way, and their skates kind of just slid along. It was kind of like the first time Mark and I ever went skiing, he did the same to me, surrounding my skis with his, and then basically skiing me down the hill. I am still not a very good skier- it's just not one of those physical activities that gets me pumped- (like ballroom dancing)!
Aren't they cute though?
It was Lena and Dane's first time on skates. Mark did this thing where he basically completely held them around their waists and just quickly skated them around the rink. They got to go fast this way, and their skates kind of just slid along. It was kind of like the first time Mark and I ever went skiing, he did the same to me, surrounding my skis with his, and then basically skiing me down the hill. I am still not a very good skier- it's just not one of those physical activities that gets me pumped- (like ballroom dancing)!
Aren't they cute though?







No comments:
Post a Comment