~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, December 17, 2007

12 Days of Christmas Countdown!
Day 8- More food!
Well, I guess we were on a roll all weekend with the treats, so we decided to invite some friends over Sunday evening for dessert. I came up with a recipe that I am going to definitely save for future use- cuz it was YUUUMILICIOUS!
Recipe Below pic...
"Berry Chocolate Creme Layer Cake"
1 Box Devil's Food Cake mix
1 Box instant Chocolate pudding
4 cups Fresh Whipping Cream
2 Cups Frozen berry mix
1 cup Fresh Raspberries
1 box lemon pudding (instant)
1 box Vanilla pudding (")
Okay, you're going to start by doctoring the box cake mix first. Exchange the water for milk, the closer to whole the better. Add one extra egg, as well as one box of chocolate pudding.
For the Filling: Take the two boxes of pudding and mix them in one bowl with the four cups of fresh cream. I used a mixer on med, and it was done REALLY quick. It gets thick fast.
Then you'll want to take the frozen berries and warm them up, using either the microwave or the stove. I used the microwave, adding plain sugar to sweeten and to taste.
Then you'll want to slice the two round cakes in half lengthwise, and start to layer. I used a butter knife to spread the filling in on each layer, topped with the berry sauce. Continue to layer until you reach the top. Finish with a final layer of cream on the top, and decorate with your fresh raspberries. I added the extra warmed berry sauce around the perimeter to look pretty and to kind of soak into the cake. All ready to enjoy!!

And this is my cute little Reindeer straight from School, just because she's the greatest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eeep! that looks amazing rachel...

p.s. i love your 12 days of Christmas blogs...

xoxo. katie