12 Days of Christmas Countdown!
Day 7- Christmas in PARIS
This is a post about where I'd like to go if I had a couple extra plane tickets, and at least a week and a half off with my hubby to run away for Christmas (I think without kids, because it's a city, and it's mostly doing stuff I can only imagine them complaining about)! You see, the first time we ever got pregnant, we immediately got tickets to Paris, as our last big adventure before the "responsibilities" of parenthood kicked into full swing! We were there for about 8 days back then, it was the fall, and we didn't go anywhere else in Europe. We knew we didn't have a lot of time, and I wanted to fully experience the city without time constraints to run frantically from one "place of interest" to another. So we knew the main things we wanted to see, but for the most part we just wandered the city. Being pregnant at the time in retrospect was probably not the smartest idea, either, because I was hungry CONSTANTLY! We must've tried every cafe and restaurant in Paris I swear. We were eating more than anything else. It was definitely a memorable experience!
One of the main reasons we chose Paris was the fact that I LOVE french interiors, architecture, and fashion more than anything! And so we as a couple wanted to experience it first hand. Napoleon's Apartment and Versailles pop in my mind as the most memorable spots for interiors and architecture. And probably because I have placenta brain right now I can't recall the name of the street with all the High Fashion houses, but that was AMAZING too. So fun to wander around. I would always feel that I saw the most beautiful people I have ever seen on that street.
With the beauty that I have already experienced there, and how much I love Christmas and the wonders surrounding this Holiday, I'd just LOVE to see them combined! Until then, strolling past the Eiffel Tower hand in hand with my sweetie on Christmas Eve with a sparkling layer of pure white snow on the ground will remain a gorgeous picture for my dreams.








2 comments:
Hi Rach,
Thats funny that you were dreaming of Christmas in Paris yesterday, we must be on the same wave length right now! last night I spent some time looking up Christmas in Europe online with pictures that reminded me of how much I loved being in Germany for those l0 days during the Christmas season, and all the Christmas markets etc.etc!Someday we will have a girls trip in December!! Love , mom
I know- that would be great!
Post a Comment