The 12 Days of Christmas Countdown!~
Day 1- It's Christmas Eve!
Well- this has to be a quick rundown on our fantastic family gathering today, cuz Santa's gonna be up late tonight and I am exhausted already!! We started by eating at a great restaurant on a pretty reservoir that we have sort of started a family tradition with. We get a big private room, and it's a great way to not be forced to make a meal at home.

Once we got home, we had a fun little program- one sis played piano, we sang ...
For the first time in 13 years, I picked up the old flute and we did a lovely rendition of Silent Night. Miraculously, it was like riding a bike and I actually knew the notes. 
This difficult to decipher picture is actually our little ones acting out the nativity. Our little niece Addie was Mary, Dane was a very "metro" Joseph in his pink robe with polka dots, and as you can see our "baby Jesus" was a tad bigger than a newborn- but hey! At least we had a baby. I read the story out of Luke 2, and I had to control my self from giggling at the whole scene.
Here's our oh-so-happy Angel from heaven descending down to the Shepards. Clearly she was just trying to make it through to the presents.
This is not the "best" picture of my gift I am demonstrating to my sis, but I made her a Mai Tai baby carrier as she is having a baby in the spring- and it turned out so cute I am totally making one for myself now!! It was black with the damask (interchangeable!) insert.
Dane and Lena
Aunt Millie and Baby Eva...
Dane and the current love of his life, his Aunt Natalie- who is home from the Y right now.

And that's it for now~! I am hoping to grasp more than 4 hours of sleep tonight- pray that the wrapping goes quickly!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment