~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, December 21, 2007

The 12 Days of Christmas Countdown!


Day 4- Last minute Elf-ery

Today I have felt like a little Christmas elf running around doing things I have been putting off for way too long! My biggest adventure was creating (sewing) a special gift for my exchange present to my sister. I had to take measurements earlier this week on her for it, and to throw her off I told her I was making her a sweet pair of psychedelic groovy retro maternity pants- with a fantastically loud print on them. But today I finished the PANTS! (okay- yeah- if your not following- that's code for the thing I actually made that I cannot disclose at this time..) It turned out SWEEET! I want one for me now.
Anyway, also, I tore back into my boxes that have been stacked in our foyer of neglected and ignored Christmas decor and whipped a little bit more out. I know, maybe it's just time to throw in the towel on it since we're so close to the BIG day now, but what some don't realize is that I will use these lovely little adornments to cheer and brighten my days during the LOOONG wintry and somewhat gloomy days of JANUARY. And if it's REALLY gloomy, even through February. Red hearts look awesome on a Christmas tree, didn't you know?
My last creative effort of today has been to hang my Christmas cards on little ribbons in my kitchen against the old Brick wall that used to have a stove attached to it back in the day. I like it. Then at least they are not all cluttering up my dining room table anymore!
So that is all for now. Tomorrow is a day of finishing our present buying, hopefully some wrapping, and even a great lunch date with the DH! I am looking forward to it, for sure.



No comments: