12 Days of Christmas Countdown!
Day 3- Lunch Date with the Hubby
Today has been especially fun because we decided to have the "nanny" come for the afternoon so we could go out on a lovely lunch date. We decided that this year instead of gifts to each other we'd have some great dates instead. So we have tickets to the symphony, Broadway series, and then fun little spontaneous ones like today. It is the first full day off my sweetie has had free in a while, and so we went to lunch at a great place around town here called The Old Bag of Nails, known for their fish and chips. Mark got blackened salmon which was amazing, and I got this scallop angel hair pasta that was fantastic. I deliberately didn't eat much for breakfast and so by the time we ordered I was a ravenous woman with child. I totally ate my whole plate and a spinach salad to boot! It was delicioso! Then we headed to a neighboring town that has adorable chic little shops and boutiques and wandered around a little. While we were there we had dessert at a new bakery called the Cupcake Moon Bakery. Specializing in , yes, rich amazing cupcakes with the lightest most tasty butter cream frosting I have EVER tasted! Mark ordered a chocolate peppermint one and I tried their buckeye- or chocolate peanut butter one. OH THEY WERE GOOD.
And yesterday I randomly found my "Christmas dress" for Church on Sunday at Le Target by Liz Lange, for only $13 on clearance- sweet! I tried to find a link to it but it's not on the website anymore. Very good deal though! We are basically done shopping, now it's just a matter of getting everything together for our food on Christmas Eve- which will all be appetizers, finger foods and dips, etc.. yummy! I am getting excited for it! (geez- can you tell my life revolves around eating and food right now? I am SO pregnant.)





2 comments:
I just wanted to let you know how much I love this Christmas Countdown! It's so fantastic to hear about your traditions, decorations, etc.
Thanks~ I have had a great time doing it!
Post a Comment