~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, June 08, 2008

ETC....
~
Pretty roses from our yard...
So as you can see I am still not in the hospital. All my sisters keep calling and asking- "Are you in LABOR yet? Did you try the Castor oil?" You see, in our family- my mom swears by the stuff as does a couple of my sisters. And honestly, I was kinda afraid of taking it- not because I am afraid of the nasty side effects- honestly that doesn't really phase me that much- but since Mark was off yesterday we had gotten ourselves into another project that I kinda really wanted him to have a chance to finish. AND I had a couple other things I wanted to finish as well..
~
But.. today is Sunday and I am ready to try it out. (not to mention that fact that I simply could not bring myself to go to church PREGNANT today. So I sent my sweet DH alone with the kiddies.) So I concocted a really decent Castor oil fruit smoothie- I'll call it the "Fruity Bring me a Baby Drink"
I mixed frozen blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries together with some strawberry yogurt, orange juice, and several tablespoons of sugar- blended together with 2 oz. of Castor Oil. I could taste the oil, but I just told myself it was a "vitamin" drink. Topped with whip cream as well. It's only been about an hour since then- so I'll guess we'll see if I get any action from it other than the "diahreaahhs" as they say in Nacho Libre.

Below you'll see our little garden that kind of went from "I think I want some tomato plants this year" to "We are building a full and complete square foot garden." I don't really know how this happened.. one thing led to another and I guess since the baby hasn't come yet.. well- we just decided to go full throttle on the thing. So this is it.. planted and labeled. We used both plants and seeds...so

....We'll see how it grows!


So my bag is packed, I am ready to go-and while I wait hopefully not in vain- I am going to make one or two cute nursing covers for later to use... =)

Arrivederci BABY!

2 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

Awww you poor thing, so how long does it take to set in?

Jessie Jo said...

I love the garden. Mine is sitting empty in my back yard from lack of time to actually garden.