~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, June 18, 2008



A Whole New World!
~
Yeah- that pretty much sums up our first week with baby Elsie. For her and for us. I am so grateful for all the help I have received over the past week. My mom, my sisters, and wonderful friends from Church who have brought me dinners all week long. What a blessing! Time is flying.. and I am just along for the ride. Right now I mostly feel like a dispensary of milk. The Dairy Queen. But that's okay- cuz my little milky pump is the cutest little one ever! I just can't stop looking at her, kissing her, touching her, loving her. She is SOO tiny. And her little hands and feet are so sweet. I think the skin on her cheek leading down to her neck has GOT to be made of pure velvet. It is SOOO soft. I am totally in love with it.
~
When I first had her, they laid her on me- as a part of what they call Kangaroo Care . If you click on that link and read some of the research it is really cool to see how awesome the power of skin to skin contact is for the health of a little newborn. She snuggled up to my chest and laid on me, and I try to have her touching me closely whenever we snuggle and nurse. It's such a happy connection for us both.
~
Because I didn't tear or anything.. my recovery so far has been light years easier than with my previous two. I can sit, for one- without the aid of anything that looks like a life saver flotation device. But to compensate for the easing of that pain, nursing has been a beast. Elsie has some serious suction action - I would liken it to a small vacuum- and has a teeeenie tiiinny little mouth. And -well- without too much description- I have some rather LARGE um...mammaries. So it is still an adjustment for us. I am sore.. but I know it'll get better in time.
She's certainly has no trouble practicing. ALL. DAY. LONG. It's cool though. She's gotta eat- right? ;0)
~
I am already overly anxious to return my body to a non pregnant state. I know I need to be patient. I can't run out and get lipo and a tummy tuck a week after giving birth. But I did do 50 "crunches" yesterday. I put that in quotations because they may not have resembled crunches to the "fitness expert" - but it was me laying on the ground moving my neck and head in the vicinity of my abdomen....in a crunchy-like way. And I counted to 50. SO it was a start. ~
As far as activities goes.. I have walked to the park with her in her pram... and today was actually my birthday.. so we had a little dinner and outing at my favorite outdoor shopping area. Ate my fave food at the Cheesecake Factory and my sweet family got me some cute gifts. I will say that I am no longer an age that I really am excited about. (31) And hopefully I can just combat it with excersize and healthy living so I don't start looking and acting O-L-D.

~

I don't know why but it's some sort of strange tradition in my family to take pictures of your pretty food at restaurants... my parents always do it.. and here's my favorite meal ...

LISA! Do you know what's coming to our little part of the world??????? EEEEEEKK! I am sooo excited!!

Saying goodbye to our Mary Poppins (they left for a vacation this morning!!) I cried...almost like a baby.

Here I am modeling- whoops- I mean USING my cute nursing cover I made! I used a heather Bailey fabric. Just love HER stuff!

And here are the kiddoes playing in the fountains.. having a blast..

4 comments:

Lor! said...

Oh My gosh, Happy Birthday girl! It's good to hear that your first couple of weeks are going well. I can't wait to see more pictures of Elise. I have a little gift for you and it will be arriving shortly! Take care of yourself and that cutie!

Amelia said...

happy b day to YOOOOUUU!! I love having an older sister because it makes me feel so YOUNG. I like that picture of you and Natalie. btw you are totally looking like you NEVER had a baby a week ago and possibly are only 25 tops.

Marisa said...

Happy belatedly bday!!!! You look awesome! I am so amazed that you're already out and about. I am so housebound for ions it feels like after I have babies!

The Cochran Family said...

Happy Bithday to you, you live in a nursery, you smell like dairy queen...and you look like one too!!! (the queen part ofcourse!) Awesome!!!!!! I can NOT wait to see YOU guys!!!!! I have lots to do that is distracting me, but i still know enough to know that I leave in three days!!! Woo Hoo, why am I excited to be in my car for three days straight with two boys and a pack of twizzlers???? WHY? well beacsue It is worth it, ALLL worth it to hang with my BFF and BSF(best sister forver) and BT&C (Best Tiffany and Co.) :) BTW I missed your bloggs!!