NURSERY REVEAL PART 1!!!
~
Well, things are definitely coming beautifully together and although I am not quite done yet, I thought I am done enough in certain areas that I can start to post some pictures of all my work. And who knows as this point when I will have this little one so- I wanted to share what I could before I am indisposed for a while!! It has been a learning and enjoyable experience putting this little tiny room together. I must mention that this is the smallest room in our house. Very tiny. I am proud to say I have taken what once was basically a receptacle of random storage/craft supplies packed nearly to the hilt with boxes and giveaway stuff and trash... and turned it into my favorite room of the house so far. And maybe that's partially just because it's new and fresh- but either way I am
Well, things are definitely coming beautifully together and although I am not quite done yet, I thought I am done enough in certain areas that I can start to post some pictures of all my work. And who knows as this point when I will have this little one so- I wanted to share what I could before I am indisposed for a while!! It has been a learning and enjoyable experience putting this little tiny room together. I must mention that this is the smallest room in our house. Very tiny. I am proud to say I have taken what once was basically a receptacle of random storage/craft supplies packed nearly to the hilt with boxes and giveaway stuff and trash... and turned it into my favorite room of the house so far. And maybe that's partially just because it's new and fresh- but either way I am
~
L-O-V-I-N-G it!!
L-O-V-I-N-G it!!
~
One thing I really want to show are all the before and afters... it is so awesome to see the full transformation and helps to appreciate the work it took to go from U-G-L-Y to... well- NOT too shabby!
One thing I really want to show are all the before and afters... it is so awesome to see the full transformation and helps to appreciate the work it took to go from U-G-L-Y to... well- NOT too shabby!
~
We can start here looking at the room before we painted it "Mount Rainer" which was my hope of a pale gray with blue undertones. This is also, mind you, AFTER we cleared all the clutter out of the room!!
We can start here looking at the room before we painted it "Mount Rainer" which was my hope of a pale gray with blue undertones. This is also, mind you, AFTER we cleared all the clutter out of the room!!
Here we have the dresser that my fabulous DH turned into a changing table as well for me. He added the molding on top to create a space for a changing pad/and supplies.
Here it is painted with the base coat
This is the mirror we got with the dresser off of Craigs list and I was totally excited to get some color on that thing!
This was the nasty rocking chair I got at the goodwill for $25 (WITH the ottoman!) and here I started to tear it apart...
Naked CHAIR!
This is the pattern step. You take all the old ugly fabric and lay it out as the pattern on your new fabulous fabric and cut it out. I won't go into any extreme detail on the re upholstery process, but it took a while and was challenging to me since I am basically a novice in this area. I added a contrast welt to the entire chair which you can see below.. I really like the end result!
okay... GET READY!!!
CEILING TREATMENT
And HERE we have the amazing upholstered ceiling with chandelier!!! This also shows my to die for silk fabric that I bought an ungodly amount of and am using liberally ALL OVER!! I have had a picture of this in my head for probably 8 years now. I have wanted to do a ceiling like that for all that time. I just needed a small enough room and a large enough amount of fabric to give it a try.
And HERE we have the amazing upholstered ceiling with chandelier!!! This also shows my to die for silk fabric that I bought an ungodly amount of and am using liberally ALL OVER!! I have had a picture of this in my head for probably 8 years now. I have wanted to do a ceiling like that for all that time. I just needed a small enough room and a large enough amount of fabric to give it a try.
Here is a DAY pic of the ceiling...
THE DRESSER/BABY CHANGING TABLE
THE OTTOMAN/ ROCKING CHAIR
The WALL OPPOSITE THE CRIB- with hand painted print transposed onto wall from the fabric!
Here we also see the fabulous newly painted RED mirror!
And that is all for now!! Stay tuned for PART 2...





7 comments:
My goodness, what a talent you have. I don't have a single creative bone in my body (even though I wish I did). I'm currently expecting number 2 and it's all I can do to paint the walls!!!
WOW! It looks so good, I'm always so amazed at your talent to turn the unpolished stone into a diamond. Can't wait to see more!
This is sooo amazing I am wondering if God himself doesn't swoop you up as a designer in heaven. Just the fact that you have the vision and then transform all these as Lina would say, " disgusting old" peices of furniture and make them beautiful!!! I think this is your finest creation ever! As amazing as it is in pictures I can't wait to see it in the flesh!!!
Rachel,
It looks so amazing! I'm definitely impressed! I especially love the ceiling!!! How did you do that?
Can't wait for the next nursery room update!
Holy Cow! Words can't describe how impressed I am! I can't believe you did this while you're pregnant too...wow, I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.
It just occurred to me that red and grey are osu's colors' aren't they? (as you can see I'm a REAL sports fanatic! haha) It suddenly struck me that this room could be misconstrued as an elegant ode to OSU...hmmmm. I'll just think if it as salmon and silver.
I did think of that too.. but it's kinda too weird to imagine a die hard OSU sports fan having this good of taste...hehe.
Post a Comment