~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, May 18, 2009

Firsts....
~
{First} first of today. Has anyone heard of a resale shop called Plato's Closet? In our parts, this is a teen's resale shop that carries a LOT of A&F, Hollister,RUEHL, (they are all one company so it's kinda all the same stuff),and all those other teen name brands that are usually WAYYYY overpriced. I stopped into one today to see if I could find some things for my Zumba class/workouts. I ended up getting several random items including a comfy cute navy blue skirt with white polka dots (not for Zumba), a couple pairs of soft cute workout shorts (puma and another name brand I am blanking on right now..) a longish black stretchy tank top with ruffles along the bottom for Zumba, a short flippy skirt for Zumba (I'll layer either biker shorts or leggings under), some pink footless tight thingies I will use for layering, and a cute pair of white capri pants all for under S40!! As I was buying my things, I told the tatooed-rasta-uuber dred-hair guy checking me out- that I might shop here more now!! He seemed like he was happy about that.(Although by his smooth voice, and perma chill half smile, I think he'd be happy about anything I had said- any way...) What a deal! And as my sister said today, "When you are doing the mom thing for a while, suddenly the clothes at Plato's Closet start looking like 'high fashion' ". hahaah. I hate to say it but I kinda was feeling that way today.
~
{Second} First of Today-
So I was going to do my grocery shopping at my favorite quick grocery store, Aldi (its small,affordable, and easy to maneuver-thus my favorite!) with Elsie. Both older kids were in school. This all happened in about 2 minutes as I was getting my cart. This store is not in the "best" part of our town...but I have never felt unsafe there. Anyway.. I was rather absent-mindedly talking on the cell phone to my sis, and getting my cart and putting Elsie in somewhat slowly while chatting. Along the strip mall, I vaguely noticed some black guys walking down the way...toward my direction. I will say that I got an unexpected weird feeling previous to even really looking at them. After getting that feeling I did turn around and look closer to see who was walking my way. Honestly, they looked kind of young, overweight, and not very foreboding. After that, I dismissed the thought I had.
~
They cruised rather casually right by me (where I was alone with Elsie, getting our cart) and within about 20 seconds and 20 feet further down the sidewalk, out of the blue a police car tears past me at high speed. And quicker than I could blink twice there were 3 police cars, and 3 police men with GUNS DRAWN, yelling at these guys and throwing them to the ground!! I just stood there, frozen, baby Elsie sitting there in the cart, watching it all go down! M heart jumped, realizing that who knows what could have just happened to me with them right there. You just never know!! I quickly made it into the store, and when I left they were all in the back of the police cars....and I felt like I was being stared at as I put all my groceries in my car.
I admit I was staring back...because I had no idea why or what had just happened.
Bizarre!!
~
{Third} First of today- SO, tonight as I was feeding the kids dinner, I was eating Tortilla chips with a mild fresh pico-de-gallo style salsa..when Elsie is like leaning and screeching to get a taste!! So I scoop a tiny bit into her mouth...and I guess this little baby girl has my taste in food, because for the first time yet she SIGNED the word MORE to me for more salsa!!! haha. I couldn't believe she was actually doing it...until she did it about 15 more times for more tastes! haha! It was SOOOO cute. Girlfriend likes her some Pico-de-gallo!!
~
So there you have it.
Three random completely unrelated somewhat interesting parts of my regular old day today.
And now I am going to hit the hay.
Nighty night!

2 comments:

Jared and Steph said...

I just discovered Plato's Closet last week and I'm in love too! I will never buy jeans from anywhere else from now on. I got a pair of It Jeans (my favorite) for only $10, some 7s for only $14, and some Paper Demin and Cloths for about the same price. I also got a really cute top for only $3. Heaven!

Anonymous said...

Love Plato's!
Gosh, good for you for teaching your baby sign language! i've always thought it would be handy, but never quite new the way to go about it. Love the salsa story!