Weekend Update
~
Let me start by backing up. It was Christmas and I bought a ticket for my hubby to go out and visit his parents. For MAY, because he and I are kinda sick of Utah in the winter, so he wanted to go at a warmer time of year. So, I somewhat randomly picked a weekend for him to take off. I am not sure how recently we realized that it would be over Mother's Day, but at some point it did. So for starters, Mark took off on a Plane on Thursday to see his mom and dad, his sister and her family, and hang out for an extended weekend! (He really deserved it because I know I have been on more of those than he has!) So he has been gone this whole time, and while we miss him I am totally glad he's getting a chance to relax and hang with his sweet family!
~
He did take my camera, though, so I have no adorable pictures of our weekend at my parents house/aka "the Farm". Or of the gorgeous bouquet of 2 dozen multi colored roses he had delivered to me!! They are blooming just wonderfully. At the Farm, my kids had a ball running around the countryside where there are no busy streets and lots of space to roam, 2 kitties(Persians) to chase and snuggle, and lots of aunts and uncles and cousins (on Sunday) to play with.
~
My dad is in the process of starting a Bee-keeping/honey hobby. He built and painted 4 big white pristine hives and has a new set of honey bees for each one. They are busy at work making the honeycomb right now. It's actually very interesting. The kids (and I!!) loved the big wooden tree swing, and the swirly twirly tire swing. Lena was trying out her "trapeze artist" skills on them!! It was very nice.
I know it's not like we live in a hugely "big city" per se, but we do live in the town part of our city and have a very busy street right along the front side of our house, so I think it always takes me a few hours to unwind and relax when I finally make it back home to our tiny town called "pleasant hill" that I for the most part grew up in. I have lots of mixed feelings about growing up in a small town... that I to this day am still trying to fully appreciate the benefits of it. But I can see the beauty there. Living far back from the slow-moving street, and away from civilization a bit definitely has some benefits. Lots of big breezy trees let the sunlight peek through to the grass out back. It's serene. It's not something I could do every day... but it makes for a lovely weekend visit, that's for sure.
~
Anyway... Mark is getting home late tomorrow night and I got home late last night. So this morning we all slept in until 9 am!! Dane even later, so I let Lena go to school almost 2 hours late, and then Dane and Elsie and I went to pick out some pretty pink petunias to plant! And after I layed Elsie down for a nap, she was soo tired I couldn't bear to wake her up to take Dane to preschool! So he and I have been playing out side as I plant flowers and he digs in the dirt. He's just going to miss school altogether I think today. It just the perfect sunny, lazy day today.
~
And don't we all need one of those every now and again?





1 comment:
i can totally relate to leaving the city and going back home, wondering what to do with myself! i always have to give myself a little adjustment time 'cause it's such a change in scenery. most of the time, it's refreshing to get away from all the chaos.
Post a Comment