Dreams.
~
About a month ago, I had a simple dream that lingered in my mind for days.
About a month ago, I had a simple dream that lingered in my mind for days.
~
Let me back up first. There was a boy from my growing up years who was about my age, in my ward at church, who was a friend and when I think of him I have funny memories of his laughing smile, he was always doing that. Smiling, or laughing. Silly, energetic, that's what I remember most about him. Also, I remember going to church dances,and he was the craziest fast dancer. He got SO sweaty dancing, that whenever I danced with him, it was kind of gross!! He even brought extra shirts to the dances to change into because of it! He LOVED to dance! Once, when we must have been 14 or 15 years old, he and another boy were obsessed with this one song, and they would sing and hum it constantly around me! It was kind of annoying, like a brother might do.
~
Well, we all grew up and moved on, went to BYU, I got married, he went on a mission and went to byu, even ended up on the Ballroom dance Tour team, I believe! It must've been in his blood! He took a long time (in Mormon years, anyway!)to find a girl he really wanted to marry. I believe he was about 29 (which, in Mormon years is like 86-haha-JK!) when he was engaged to a lovely girl from Utah to be married.
~
Then the unthinkable happened.
One day he and his Fiance and her dad went out snowmobiling in the mountains of Utah. He LOVED to do cool tricks on his snowmobile, but on this one time, his mobile hit a large snow covered rock, and the handlebars hit him in the abdomen area.
After suffering internal bleeding, he did not survive the accident.
~
That was a few years ago.
~
Coming as a complete suprise, about a month ago, I awakened to a short simple dream that touched my heart and mind. I couldn't shake it, the feeling stayed with me for some time after.
~
I was walking up from the shops on the main street we live on in our town, as if returning from a Town festival or something, when all of a sudden, walking toward me on the sidewalk was this friend, Jason, from my growing up years. The very first thing I noticed when I saw him was his face. Like many teens his age, including me, he had acne back then. But not now. His face was clear and bright, and smiling, as always. He was emanating peace and happiness.It filled my heart up too! He looked wonderful! When I saw him, he gave me the biggest hug, and I felt so completely happy to see him! It was like hugging a long lost brother! I told him I wanted to take him up to my house and show him my family, and our home! I wanted to catch up on life with him.
~
Then I woke up. That's all it was. It was a fleeting meeting on the street, in my dream. But the way his eyes glowed, my heart swelled too just standing by him, the emotion was unforgettable and amazing.
And so, at first I brushed it off as a "surprising" dream. Then I realized, that maybe his family might like to hear it, simple as it was. I am sure any little tidbit about a lost loved one it appreciated. So that's why I decided to write it out, and share it. I definitely like to think that the way I saw him is how he is now. Glowing, peaceful,and happy.
I wish his good family peace this Holiday season.





2 comments:
that touched my heart :)
I hope you can share that with his mom, at least.
That's really beautiful. Make sure you get that to his family for sure :)
Post a Comment