~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, November 07, 2009


Vain Vain Vanity.

~

We having been working off and on for quite some time on our Master bedroom/bathroom areas, starting now over 2 years ago. In a fit of maternal energy, whilst pregnant, I began concocting ideas for a neutral OASIS..different than the colorful offerings I have contrived throughout the rest of my house. If you haven't noticed, yeah- I love color!!! I wanted to make a quiet bedroom area with neutral colors....that would speak peace to my soul and be truly a comforting place to end up every night.

~

Sooo, I did what every self respecting pregnant woman does...I grabbed a ladder, climbed on up and started painting a MURAL from the ceiling down to the floor in my bedroom!{That still is not complete, I freely admit...I mean, once a baby is BORN, who has time for all that? And then, said baby becomes this busy, adorable/high needs toddler...and who has time THEN? But eventually, it WILL get done. Hopefully before I decide it's time to re-do. I digress.}

~

Where was I?

~

Oh yeah, so anyWAY....you may recall like FOREVER ago me mentioning that I was searching for the perfect Vanity to replace the hideous 1980's pressed wood/cultured marble nightmare that had been plaguing my morning existence. You'd think with how ugly that thing was {and how nasty dirty I let it get...I mean c'mon, when somethings that ugly I just had NO motivation to scrub it.} I would have been more motivated to make a change. But change- as we all know- sometimes is DIFFICULT! And when choosing a vanity that fit all our criteria {read=was awesome yet affordable} was extremely difficult. I shopped, and searched, and looked and well, honestly everything that WASN"T a custom Amish-hand carved built-in piece of cabinetry {that was honestly more what I WISHED for...but $$!!} was a mdf piece of $2-$3 THOUSAND Dollar Crap. YES. So when I realized that no one makes a SOLID piece of furniture in the bathroom department for under like 10 million dollars, I decided to head to my fallback location. YES. Craig'slist.

~

And true to form, I found the perfect thing. A shabby chic-looking vintage buffet, completely painted an almost perfect match to my wall!! Unbelievable. And even more awesome, it was only $250. YES. That's all.

~

SO-- we swiped it up fast, and did our first Cabinet TO Vanity project!!

WE bought a sink and a faucet at Lowes, {the faucet I REALLY wanted, was online- and like $900, OF COURSE.} But the one we got was pretty and has a nice line to it.

~

Now, I HAD taken all these pics documenting the process which is a reasonable project, that again, I pretty much only watched as my hubby did all the work. {Cutting a hole in the center..plumbing it..and lacquering the top for waterproofing} ...which we did back in May of this year....and since then my LAPTOP died, and I can't for the life of me find that file. Do you love that I use run-on sentences like forEVER? Just noticed that. Anyway.. SOO, I was searching for a great mirror to go on top and FINALLY was able to find one on CRAIGSLIST of course, just yesterday!!



~



SO, without further ado, THIS is our LOVELY NEW {not SCARY} VANITY!!!




8 comments:

designdazzle.blogspot.com said...

I WANT, I NEED that vanity!!! What a steal on the buffet.
Toni

liv2dance said...

Great Job! Looks amazing! I so need to get rid of all the crappy cabinets in my house! I wish I were half as talented as you are when it comes to finding things and making them look great! It was great to talk yesterday! Good luck with ZUMBA!

cotedetexas said...

so beautiful!!! I wish I could see more - the floor looks so cute too!!!!

Sarah Lunt said...

So beautiful! You never cease to amaze me!

Maria Killam said...

Love how the mirror perfectly matches!

erika said...

beautiful!!!!!!!!! i want to see more!!

Rachel H said...

OK...well, as soon as I can I will post some more pics of that area!~! =) Thanks ladies for being so sweet! You all are wonderfully talented women I respect a lot!

Marylin said...

Oh My gosh!! I am in love with it!! Seriously amazing find!! HOW EXCITING!!!! Oh and I have had the darndest time finding a Zumba class out here. I looked on line and then have called around to the places listed but they end up saying things like "Oh well we used to." or "Oh well it's actually on a different day....blah blah!" So I am searching and hoping to get it all figured out this week :) Just wanted to update you :)