Overlapping Holiday Confusion Attack!!
~
Is it just me, or has Christmas come earlier this year? I mean, I know thanksgiving is this week. And I am NO hater of putting Christmas decor up early, I totally have always been IN that camp. But for some reason-when I am driving around at night, and one store-front is covered in festive fall harvesty decor, and the very next store-front in our quaint town is completely bedazzled with Christmas lights and faux snow....it's making my holiday-o-meter feel a little wacky!
Is it just me, or has Christmas come earlier this year? I mean, I know thanksgiving is this week. And I am NO hater of putting Christmas decor up early, I totally have always been IN that camp. But for some reason-when I am driving around at night, and one store-front is covered in festive fall harvesty decor, and the very next store-front in our quaint town is completely bedazzled with Christmas lights and faux snow....it's making my holiday-o-meter feel a little wacky!
~
Take last week for example, I was making a Christmas ornament wreath, while later on researching Harvest table centerpieces for Thanksgiving. For some reason this year that's not sittin' well with me. I think it has something to do with time passing more and more quickly (didn't we JUST go trick or treating?) with every year I age. I don't feel ready to have it all happen so FAST.
Take last week for example, I was making a Christmas ornament wreath, while later on researching Harvest table centerpieces for Thanksgiving. For some reason this year that's not sittin' well with me. I think it has something to do with time passing more and more quickly (didn't we JUST go trick or treating?) with every year I age. I don't feel ready to have it all happen so FAST.
~
Am I just getting OLD?? (Don't answer that.)
~
Well, anyhow, here it is. Thanksgiving is this week, and while I'd rather pluck my own eyeballs out that attempt roasting my own bird,(thanks, mom, for holding the torch on that one!)I am, however, quite preoccupied with the idea of an elegant centerpiece/table setting. I have ALWAYS loved a gorgeously set table. The first year we were married, in fact, we had candle-lit dinners the entire year. Didn't matter WHAT we were eating...the candles were lit.(NOW, of course my candles stay lit all of 3.25 SECONDS because of my overly anxious blowing crew)
~
Now since we have grown and are living near my family...we have a pretty hefty group of nearly 20 people all together..so that makes setting a darling little intimate table a tad difficult. BUT, I think I CAN do some kind of pretty centerpiece, at LEAST! (Right after we get this Christmas tree set up, dang it!)
~
Here's some of my favorite ideas so far...
Here's some of my favorite ideas so far...
~
These all seem fairly simple yet so elegant. (Note how the flower is taken out of it's pot and put in a special container with added moss-a lovely touch!)The tapers make me woozy. I am a sucker for amazingly lovely candles. Also I of course can't help but notice the little crystals hanging off a crystal chandelier at the top of the picture!
This lovely corn-candle centerpiece looks really easy and very classic-chic for the Harvest table! Eddie even has a tutorial on his blog for it!
Using purple is unexpected yet so pretty!And the white pumpkins are wonderful as well. And the little place cards? Stop it, they are just too cute!
(All of these IMAGES are courtesy my wonderful new blog-crush...Eddie Ross)~
Now both of these wonderful ideas are just a couple of my favorites from the
TIP JUNKIE







No comments:
Post a Comment