I'm THANKFUL For:
~
-healthy children.(and vitamins, so we can attempt to STAY that way)
~
-a hubby that tries so hard to make me happy...no matter what!!
~
-God given inspiration...guiding our lives at the moments when we need it the most.
~
-Beauty, in the world, visually, but more importantly the beauty of the heart,which to me is love and goodness, and the spirit of charity. Christlike love.
~
-warm toes in warm slippers on a cold night.(like what I am experiencing RIGHT NOW.)
~
-kisses. tiny, squished, on the lips smooches from my baby. copious amounts. aggressive fast kisses from my five year old boy, and gentle kind ones from my eight year old. And my ultimate fave- occasional make me faint from awesomeness-make out sessions with my boyfriend. (you know I mean my cute hubby!)
~
-amazing surprise finds at both the goodwill or on craigslist. (both of which you KNOW I find regularly!)
~
-SISTERS. (Without whose daily commiseration and almost constant over the phone support, I would be lost.)and One really handsome, sweet brother.
~
-ZUMBA. hands down, the most healthy thing I have done for myself in years. Possibly ever. Both physically and mentally. (That serotonin boosting excersize does the trick!)
~
- Which leads in perfectly to my thankfulness for the chance to dance. Ballroom...it makes me feel alive and so happy.
~
-The chance to be home all day with my kids. The choice to eliminate traditional school, etc..from our lives has made my life, our lives, more peaceful and calm, and stretched my capacities further than I could have ever imagined.
~
- the chance to serve in our church. I have found the feeling of usefulness that comes from feeling needed, from having a place where you can offer a tiny bit of yourself up to others in the form of service each and every Sunday..it is a blessing to my heart and my spirit.
~
-My good parents, and Mark's good parents. It's not until you become a parent that it becomes painfully clear how ungrateful a child you have been all these years. Parents put up with so much, and love us anyway. That is the miracle of it all, I think!
~
And that's it for now. I am sure there's more, but that's off the top of my head. Thanks giving is coming, but due to illness (like strep throat) floating around our family tree this week, we've postponed our celebration until this Saturday. So I have a couple extra days to finish my preparations, which I am actually quite thankful for as well!
~
I- in fact- hit the Goodwill about a week ago, and I had not been there in AGES. I hit some seriously amazing meant for me deals!I swear, they FIND me! It's almost weird, haha! But I am grateful to be able to decorate well on a budget and with little money!
FIRST AWESOME DEAL! A REAL school MAP! Roll-down, on a steel rod!! It is the perfect addition to my MAP LOOOOVING son's room over the bed!
Cost? Less than $10. (i know...)
To make ROOOOM, for this huge tufted ottoman, that I paid all of $32 for. Yes I did.(still wanting to dress it up with a tray and throw,etc..)
And last but certainly NOT least, a NEW fireplace screen!! (well, new to me anyway!!)
COST? $35 Buckaroos. And this thing is HEAVY.
Isn't it great?
Cheers to you!=)
~
{and hope you all have a lovely turkey day tomorrow as well!}





2 comments:
You seriously scored. I love goodwill and Craigslist! And I love your thankful-list.
xoxo
You and I like Goodwill and Craigslist the same :) All hail thrifters!!!!
Post a Comment