Can I get a “BOO-HOO”?
May I first ask the forgiveness of any and all family members exposed to us this weekend. I swear I thought we were on the “up-swing” of our germs and associated illnesses. If you find yourselves nauseous, throwing up or brought to your knees from painful boughts of diarrhea, then we are not to blame.
The only teensy tiny germs we MAY have infected everyone with are merely things like a gentle cold, that begins with a head ache, runny nose, and general feeling of anxiety as to what might happen next. And then, a day might occur soon thereafter, where you think- “hey! I just might have beat this thing!” …..and then over the next 24- 48 hours the tiny little cold germs start attacking you like an AK-47 riddling you with numerous ailments including a knife-slashing sore throat accompanied with loss of all ability to actually speak. Shivers and deathlike fever, along side a Niagara like mucous propulsion that leaves your nose questioning it’s own hope for the future.
To be sure, I was hoping that Mother Earth would bless us with health much sooner than I am now expecting. Luckily for him, Mark has yet to be infected. Just Lena, Dane, and I- shivering all day holding each other on the sofa, wiping each others noses, and hoping for a brighter day tomorrow.
May I first ask the forgiveness of any and all family members exposed to us this weekend. I swear I thought we were on the “up-swing” of our germs and associated illnesses. If you find yourselves nauseous, throwing up or brought to your knees from painful boughts of diarrhea, then we are not to blame.
The only teensy tiny germs we MAY have infected everyone with are merely things like a gentle cold, that begins with a head ache, runny nose, and general feeling of anxiety as to what might happen next. And then, a day might occur soon thereafter, where you think- “hey! I just might have beat this thing!” …..and then over the next 24- 48 hours the tiny little cold germs start attacking you like an AK-47 riddling you with numerous ailments including a knife-slashing sore throat accompanied with loss of all ability to actually speak. Shivers and deathlike fever, along side a Niagara like mucous propulsion that leaves your nose questioning it’s own hope for the future.
To be sure, I was hoping that Mother Earth would bless us with health much sooner than I am now expecting. Luckily for him, Mark has yet to be infected. Just Lena, Dane, and I- shivering all day holding each other on the sofa, wiping each others noses, and hoping for a brighter day tomorrow.





1 comment:
HI there! Thanks for stopping by my blog about the ballroom dancing. What years were you at BYU? I was there fall '92-Dec '94. I took as many classes as I could fit in my schedule and was on one of the back up teams (not touring) my last semester. You really should check out the ballroom dance camp! I can hardly wait!
Hey, I also noticed that you're hubby's a dentist (I'm a hygienist!)
And I noticed a link to Tales from the Crib. . .do you know some of the gals from there? "Kage" is my cousins wife. . .
Small blog world!
Post a Comment