~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, February 11, 2007

No MORE CHEESY NOODLES
That's it. I have had it with cheesy noodles. That is what Lena calls homemade mac and cheese. That is also ALL she EATS, with exception of a few select other items. Most people would have done this LONG ago. I realize that. But I decided tonight that we should ALL eat the same thing. This is our story.
We all had a plate that included spinach salad with grilled chicken on top, Spanish rice on the side. Lena has issues with mixed food, food touching, and hates dips, dressings, etc.. I placed it all out VERY separate. She was weeping from the start. I soon realized that the ONLY way I might entice her to eat anything on her plate was to MAKE her fave-cheesy noodles- and use that as a bribe to get her to try this other food.
In these awesome pics she had actually slowly negotiated herself down to THIS MUCH FOOD.
I told her if she ate THIS much she could get her cheesy noodles. THAT IS JUST SAD. Teeny Spinach, nearly imperceptible bites of chicken, and one carrot (she eats those really well though).
I realize most people are appalled that we are so catering- but don't worry- She tells me that she'll start to like salad when she "becomes and OLD mommy like me." NICE. Amazingly enough (NOT!!) , she did CHOKE it down, and got her noodles. But we just HAD to get a picture of this tiny plate of food! Hahah~I won't give up, maybe I'll get her to eat more tomorrow!

No comments: