Weekend Updates
I'd love to say that health and happiness found their way into our fantastic weekend. Health, anyway, avoided us as all costs. This evening my Brother in law stopped in (literally stuck his head in the door for one second and ran) to drop off an "illness-casserole-offering" from my sister. I can't blame him, though, as we are carrying the GERMS of DEATH, as far as colds go anyway. Mark woke up this morning after having gotten no sleep from the onslaught. Today was his first day enjoying the germy war fare after-effects. So we all took a sick day and skipped church.
Saturday morning I went into work, after having missed my alarm, and without dayquil in me, was preparing for a "tough-it-out" day.
But really, I have only my cold to thank for what happened next. A quiet morning at work allowed for me to do a little "spring perk" shopping...and so I tried on some things- and to my utter amazement I fit into a size 2 pants!!! The utter joy of being so ill that I could barely eat more than one meal all week long surely only illustrates the anorexic -happy- model side of me that only slips out once in a blue moon anymore. So I forgot about my runny nose and headache, my itchy mucousy eyes, and I got a some sweet clothes~ See Here,
the "umas" which are the skinny pants, totally legging like and totally fun!
Also I got the "tabitha's" which are SUPER wide legged and cuffed.
And then I also got this adorable sweater in navy. YAY! I told mark that unfortunately I can never quit BCBG because the perks have become a little to much like crack to me. I would probably start the withdrawal symptoms if I couldn't have my regular FIX.
the "umas" which are the skinny pants, totally legging like and totally fun!
Also I got the "tabitha's" which are SUPER wide legged and cuffed.
And then I also got this adorable sweater in navy. YAY! I told mark that unfortunately I can never quit BCBG because the perks have become a little to much like crack to me. I would probably start the withdrawal symptoms if I couldn't have my regular FIX. In other news fronts, Mark is preparing to give his boss his 6 week notice that he will be leaving. It's totally scary because we've heard enough stories that we are preparing for him to get axed almost as soon as that happens. See, doctors can get their pride hurt when their associate says "thanks, but no thanks" to their practices. And they, as the more senior, more financially successful ones, have virtually no fear that the piddly "young doc" would ever try to sue them for their wages lost, because- well, it's just not worth it. So, this next month may be normal and fine, or we may end up on our tushes for a bit until mark picks up some "temp" work in an dental office somewhere until his real practice gets going. That's probably way TMI! But anyway....
Other things I am thinking about-
- I am going to be selling some of my jewelry, and homemade baby stuff at a local boutique soon.(bought some cool vintage printed fabric on ebay for those things)
- Looking forward to spring...someday?
- I am totally inspired by this march/ april Veranda- stellar, amazing, and gorgeous!
- Am liking Mitt Romney for pres more and more..





No comments:
Post a Comment