~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, February 15, 2007



My sweet somewhere in time Valentine

We really had virtually nothing planned for this year's valentine's day. Well, at least I thought we did.


After nearly 2 weeks of snow and not getting out I was pretty much writing this one off.



But thanks to a sweet sentimental hubby, it turned out just great. We put the kids to bed, and I went upstairs to the attic(theatre room), mainly because I heard the music I recognized from the movie "Somewhere in Time." We love this movie, and had both our Honeymoon and our 10 yr anniversary on this Island that the movie was shot, as well as staying at the Grand Hotel.



When you stay at the Grand Hotel you realize that their official flower is a red geranium. (We took these shots on our 10-yr ann. trip) Besides being planted in every nook and cranny around the hotel, it is a theme taken inside by the stellar designer, Carleton Varney, custom made rugs



And even the upholstery on the breakfast room chairs-



Anyway....for my simply sweet surprise Mark had bought the Movie and had it going, a big geranium scented candle lit, bouquets of red geranium flowers, geranium scented massage lotion, which he used to do a Swedish hot stone massage on me, while we watched the movie and ate ghiradelli chocolates! I was so touched that he went to the trouble to make it so perfect! It was a quiet, fabulous valentines night.





Thanks, my perfect Valentine.

No comments: