~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, April 09, 2007

Little Easter Lovelies and E and C Christians.
Let's just say yesterday wasn't quite how we had imagined it to be. We were intending on going to my sister's ward for church to see her new baby get blessed. But after waking up kind of sick, she decided to postpone the blessing. So we were "off the hook" so to speak on attending her ward, which is near to my parents house about 1 hour away from us. And since it started kinda earlier, we were pretty relieved that we could hang out at home for a while and enjoy the kids and their Easter goodies.
We did, however, still want to go to church, I mean, it IS Easter after all. So in order to still get to my parents house for Easter dinner, we decided to attend a ward that meets earlier than ours does. After an hour and a half of "getting ready" for church, we finally made it to church, albeit 25 minutes late. But hey- at least we'd still get most of the service- right? WRONG! We sat down in the back, and heard a few minutes of a talk, then what I assumed was going to be an "Easter musical number" turned out to be the CLOSING HYMN! Followed by the closing prayer!! To our utter shock, their Services began 1/2 hour earlier than even we thought! So we were over an hour late. And after all the extensive getting ready for church, we sang a song and heard a prayer. And then we left for my parents house. UGH!
One of my friends at my work said that she and her boyfriend were "E and C Christians."- Meaning the only time they go to church is for Easter and Christmas. I think yesterday I'd call what we did - E- Mormon Lite.
We did- however- have a gleaming ray from heaven shine down upon my children's moods, and suddenly they were totally being happy posers for some cute pictures in their Easter Attire!! (Which I spent some portion of all last week making her dress and his tie!)
See the flikr album on the sidebar! ENJOY!

1 comment:

Kage said...

that's pretty funny...at least you looked good!