Birthdays and Sewing Mamacita!
Last week I was working a lot on all my little baby bibs and blankets for a local event in our city that I am going to have a table at all summer. It's called "4th Friday" and they close off the main street area for the evening and all the shops are open late, the streets are lined with local vendors. I made a bunch of cute new sets that I am listing on Etsy this week. It was a pretty quiet evening though because it was SUPER cold, and since it was outside, not tons of people were there. But my sister came to help and we had several friends stop by to see my table. Between snacking on some delicious homemade strawberry tarts, and local pizzeria pizza, and chatting with friends, we had a great time.
The other big fun thing of this past weekend was that I threw Mark a surprise birthday party! I had my whole family come as well as some friends meet at this great new local restaurant called "Manhattan's" and we surprised him, and had a delicious dinner. I got an awesome crab cake salad. It was melt in your mouth yummy. After that we walked home, and all enjoyed this cake called "Better than Sex"cake (Crazy name- Good Cake) as Mark opened his gifts. I really wanted him to have a nice time because we have not really celebrated his birthday very big in a while.
Funny Conversation between 5 yr old Lena and I as we took the Cake ingredients to my sister's house before the Big Surprise.
Me- "Lena, so we are going to Steph's to make this surprise cake for Daddy. So when he picks you up, make sure not to mention it, as it is a SURPRISE!. Okay? "
Exasperated Lena- "MOM, the more you talk about me NOT talking about the CAKE, makes me WANT to talk about the CAKE. So just stop talking. "
Me, with shock- "Allrighty then! Enough said. "





No comments:
Post a Comment