~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

THIS DAY IS OVER....

Yesssssssss. And I couldn't be happier. I was pretty worried about today, what with the missionary zone conference luncheon that I was bringing BOTH kids to today. And amazingly enough, the children were basically totally good, and even though we had a glitch, with the person in charge of tablecloths totally standing us up. I randomly(was prompted to) decided at the last minute to bring this huge box of silk springy flowers, tulle, fabric and what not from my attic to this thing in hopes that I could whip up some decent table centerpieces. And if it weren't for that box we would have even gone without tablecloths OR centerpieces! The horror! ;0) Anyway, it looked pretty good for my having made no forethought on it.

The missionaries liked their lunch of chicken cordon blue, fresh green salad, rolls, and bundt cake for dessert. In fact, I was pretty sad I totally missed the entire group standing up and singing a cute little "thank you for cooking for us" song that they made up from a hymn, with each and every one walking by and shaking hands with us. That is, everyone who helped but me, I was unfortunately picking up nuts off the nursery room floor while they did this. So yeah. I am sure it was really really special.

ANYHOO....so I went to work and assisted a bunch of people buy $300 and $400 a pop dresses, mainly, as it is prom season. Also known as "big-fat-commission-season" in my book. Ha ha, not really. My commission takes me from measly work at the mall pay scale to maybe more of a Advanced Dental Assistant pay scale. Or even a flight attendant pay with about 5 years of seniority. Let me tell ya, it is all about makin' some freakin' sweet mulah. Sorry, I am up too late and I am just being silly. Good night .

No comments: