~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Weather, weather, weather, weather, whether it's cold, warm, or hot.
Weather, weather, weather, weather, whether you like it or not.

From a veggie tales song that we love, this explains the complete mystery that is our Good old State of O-H-I-O. For example, on Tuesday, we went to the Zoo, because it was a high of 79 degrees out and sunny all day.
Lena took some actually pretty good pics with our digital camera. She took all the fish ones and the flamingo one.




Lena and Ollie looking so sweet together.
So that was just yesterday....then in a blast of cruel fate, the weather decided to plummet to the bottom of the freezer and- well- let's just say there were white snowflakes stuck to the ground this evening. And even as I write this post I am shivering because our house is so cold already again. I HATE OHIO WEATHER. For the most part, anyway. Right now I hate it.
But, in other news- (and in a feeble attempt to try and distract my self from my involuntary quivering from the cold) Mark has resigned form his current dental office and will begin at his very own new office within a short week and a half!!! I went out this evening in fact to do some shopping for the interior decor (which will be quite minimal) of the office. I found some art and an big square ottoman for the foyer that I think will give it some cool style. I'll have to post pics once we get it all up.
He is starting a franchise Dental practice called "Comfort Dental" and it is a HUGE chain in Colorado. It has only just begun in Ohio, with merely one other office open here so far. Mark is hoping this will allow for him to play a more prominent role in the opening of more franchises throughout the area as well.
I have been working on Lena's Easter dress. Today has actually been a long day of sewing, and it has really reminded me of how long it's been since I have sewn any clothes. My skills are way rusty and I have had to red0 several steps in my dressmaking process today. It's going to be a gorgeous dress though! I am going to get the kids photos taken in their Easter outfits. I am making Dane and Mark matching ties in her dress fabric. I have never done that before, so it's going to be fun.
Sooo, if we can make it through this cruel Easter -weather weekend, and my tulips survive, then all will be well in my world next week.


1 comment:

Kage said...

I recently heard about this NO COMPLAINING campaign from a church in the south. They are GIVING away purple bracelets and challenging people not to complain for 21 days. If you do, you have to switch the bracelet from one wrist to the other.

Anyway, I am not taking on the 21 day challenge, but it did stick in my head. So, yesterday when it was completely downpouring COLD COLD rain....I kept saying outloud. I am grateful that we have rain so that there isn't a drought. But in my head I was really cursing.