It's risen from the dead!
Okay, so I told you about the computer malfunctions we were having... our computer needed a new motherboard, space ship, deep cartridge thingy, and all sorts of other appendage replacements. But, with it being 4 years old we decided that it was time for some "technology nuevo" -uh yeah- and I want an apple. A BIG APPLE. Oh yeah. Buuuuuttt, I also was not planning on coughing up the 1500 or so for it right at the moment of now. Soo, then we decided that we could just mooch off my littlest sis's laptop while we mulled it all over.
~
THEN, last weekend we were doing some searching and a fantastic deal on a laptop popped up. At nearly a third the price of the oh so sweet Apple, we decided to grab the laptop deal while it lasted and plan on still getting the full appley goodness desktop computer thingy later on. To top the deal off, we even somehow- unbenknownst to us why- got free shipping and no tax charges! Sweeet!
~
And let me just utter all my wide techno-nerdy knowledge right here and now- this thing is equipped with 3- oh yes read that- 3 GIGS. Now to the super nerds out there 3 gigs may not impress. But lets just say our poor demised laptop was recently UPGRADED to 1 GIG. I don't have a living clue what else this thing has on it- but it's got THREE FRIGGIN GIGS. Oh yeah.
~
Here's where it gets a little sketchy.. So our fabulistic 3 GIG laptop arrived earlier this week. Then the DH brings home our legally declared to be dead old computer. It sits there quietly on our dining room table for a day or so. Then one evening my hubby decided to pop the thing open just for kicks and watch the scary blue screen glaring back at him. He walks away from it for 15 minutes or so. Then an oddly familiar sound rings through the kitchen. IT WAS THE SOUND OF OUR DEAD COMPUTER BEING RISEN!! It all of a sudden came back to life like nothing in the world had happened. Main page, all the icons, everything normal.
~
So NOW we have a resurrected dead old computer and a gorgeous thin black shiny new laptop, and I guess we're keeping them both. I mean- we got such a deallio on the new one I can't bear to return it- free shipping and all!
My sister says that one of her teachers at BYU would always say that computers are only as weird as the people who make them. Maybe our old one was made by some kind of computer ghost whisperer- ressurector person. Oh well, either way- I don't trust the creepy thing.





2 comments:
Weird, well maybe one one of the spirits that creep around your old house were on the geek sqaade :)
Lisa--that makes total sense! hehe..Rach-- I've always suspected that your computer had a cantankerous soul inside of it...now we have proof!
Post a Comment