LA, TEE, DAAA...
Well, well, well, life is going on and I am not in labor and I have not had my baby and now I am just trying to appreciate that fact and keeping moving forward, as they say in my favorite Disney movie.(Meet the Robinson's) I have been actively engaged in the decorating of the nursery- I have nearly the whole rocker reupholstered now. Boy was I scared to tackle that thing. Stripping the fabric seriously took like a week alone, was so hard that I even called an upholsterer to check on how much it would cost to have them finish the job for me. But I stuck it out and did it all myself. I had to go buy the BIG tool - a Maestri electric professional stapler "made in Italy" that I have been holding off on, and all my supplies for the re upholstery job. Once I started doing that actual re upholstery it has been SOO much more fulfilling than the stripping part. That was just tedious and difficult. I even engaged the help of some of our Young Women from the ward to help me cut fabric for the baby bedding. I will really try and knock that all out over this next week.
The other cool thing I accomplished was painting the dresser/changing table for her room. It was a worn medium wood finish, and so I painted it to match the walls, aged it, and added some SERIOUS decorative embellishment to the front drawers. I must admit I am pretty pleased with the result. It took about 10 hours total to do. My sister did the great job of creating the transfer for the art on the wall which we painted. That looks really pretty too. Very whimsical.
Other than that I have been abandoned by the little sis for the weekend as she decided to go home to attend some graduation parties of a couple of friends younger than her. I think I was having separation anxiety all day yesterday- I must have cried at least 2 or 3 separate times over the most pitifully random things. So far today I am much more normal, so that's a relief. I think my DH had to have been wondering what was up in my head yesterday.
This weekend for Memorial Day we are celebrating our cute little Niece Lilia's 1st birthday and also trying out my Dad's new boat for the first time. That should be a nice day- so I will post some fun pics from that after Monday! Bye!





1 comment:
Haha! Seriosly- now I am like ready to tackle everything I have wanted to get professionally reupholstered for ages!! I was thinking this morning how I need a workshop so our whole first floor isn't turned into a crazy zone!
Post a Comment