~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, May 12, 2008




Mother's Day Moments...

~


1. BIG Ballet Slipper Pink roses
2. "Queen for a DAY" balloon (then marked out in permanent marker- "Queen for EVERY day")

3. Massage Gift Certificate!
~
4. Haagen Daaz Ice Cream
~
5. Cute Cards from everyone (including the baby in utero)
~
6. Crack of Dawn church service.
~
7. Taught fun YW lesson on "Creating a Spiritual environment in the Home." Totally up my alley!!
~
8.Came home in heavy rain and had Pizza for lunch.
~
9. After lunch, DH tried to get both kids down for nap.
~
10. Startled by LOUD tornado warning sirens going off all over town.
~
11. Kids back up 5 minutes later to watch newscast and "seek shelter downstairs".
~
12. Watched the Doppler for 1/2 hour, only to watch the BIG STORM flow about 1 mile north of us.
~
13. Not even a little shred of wind to satisfy our excitement for the big "funnel clouds" !
~
14.Lena and I Joke that the Tornado's are actually big TOMATO storms. AAAACK- the TOMATOES ARE COMING!!
~
15. Kids not rested and acting wild and cranky. YAY.
~
16. Dh and I leave wild kids to go get our Temple Recommends renewed at the church.
~
17. Not a CAR in sight at church because of the BIG TORNADO. All meetings apparently cancelled.
~
18. Instead we take a drive around Hoover Reservoir and look for big fancy houses to gawk at. Fun.
~
19. DH gets called by frantic patient who had like 20 teeth removed by his partner 2 days ago. Stops chatting with me and soothes the nerves of patient in pain with his amazing zen like conversation, and an extra prescription of Percaset.
~
20. Come home.
~
21. Hubby paints baby's room for me.
~
22. We have a delicious CROCK POT dinner of Beef with Vegetables.. seasoned perfectly.
~
23. Dane and I fall asleep on my bed for the entire evening into the night.
~
24. We wake up around 10:30, and I let Dane Stay up for a little while.
~
25. After everyone is tucked in for night, I am filled with calm and awareness and focus, and decide to stay up making a delightful slipcover for the baby's room ottoman.
~
26. Finally go to bed, happy and satisfied with my work, at 3:30 am.
~

AN interesting and slightly odd Mother's Day. But good nonetheless. ;0)

4 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

Oh rach, you look sooo pretty. Everytime I see pixs of you on here i am so sad and miss you! But you look amazing...still loving the long blonde hair!!! Sounds like you had awesome day! Guess what I am potty training and I have asurprise...we must talk...how are you doing? Take CARE!!! Luv Ya!

Rachel H said...

Ohh, thanks Lisa! I miss you SOO much too! Call me or I'll call you, k? =)

Darleen said...

WOw you look so great! What an eventful Mother's day. It looks like that baby is coming very soon! Exciting.

Amy Jane said...

lisa and i must think alike, because i was going to comment that you look so pretty! so ditto lisa :)