~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our LAST Date night!
~
Okay yeah I know that sounds kind of dramatic... but who really knows when we will get another chance to just be alone on a date after this little bundle of joy arrives? So I am totally happy to report we went on a fun date last night- We went out to eat at a local newer restaurant that was really tasty. I got lobster ravioli, and Mark got a spicy cajuny pasta with sun dried tomatoes. It was totally good. Then for dessert we went to one of my favorite stops, Ritas for Italian ice and frozen custard combo called Gelati. It's one of my FAVE summer time treats. And yesterday was warm enough to warrant a good chilly dessert!
~
After dinner we went to our last Symphony concert of our season, and we saw The Orchestra led by Marvin Hamlisch who was totally nice and entertaining and the music was fantastic!! Two performers from Broadway sang as well. The girl was the former Carlotta from Phantom on Broadway, and the guy was JeanValJean from Les Mes.. they we both beautiful performers. Also Marvin talked for at least 15 minutes to the audience about the travesty of that fact that our City Symphony is lacking the funds to continue performing. Already their summer season has been cancelled and if they don't raise enough money for fall, that will be cancelled as well. SOOO SAD!! I could not believe that they were hurting so bad for funding. It made me proud to know that I actually helped donate to their cause this year, after getting cold called by a super nice man who totally sold me on all the reasons to support the symphony. They need it so much! ~
Anywhoo- it was a great night, and I had some nice people make nice comments to me about being pregnant , which made me feel less whale like. Yay for dates with the Hubby!

1 comment:

The Cochran Family said...

soooo no news abot baby, does that mean, we just have to wait for the little E.V.H to come on her own? I heard about the symphony...so sad! They really are great! I love going...just need mre support. I feel like the best things go un-npticed sometimes! Seth and I's last date night before Ethan, I was in labor!!! Remember!