~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Beauty of Summer.
~
I can be the first one to tell ya that I do NOT have a green thumb, generally. I do NOT do well with any plant or flower that is, um, "high needs" . Like, needing to be watered - outside of just when it rains... that's high needs to me. I have never kept live indoor plants because I am really like an abusive parent. I neglect them, forget that they need water or food, and then when they are on the brink of death and starvation, I usually flood them with water and they manage to hang on a bit longer, until they finally withered, and just can't hang on any longer. But thankfully we have some flowers that bloom in our yard every year (and some we plant from seeds) that make our little back yard area pretty and colorful! You see, if I had it my way, my whole yard would be just brimming with brightly colored flowers for as much of the year as possible, and I would have huge fresh bouquets in every room of my house! And I would have a gardener to take care of it all. heehee.
So anyway, I took some pretty close-ups the other day and wanted to share! Enjoy!








1 comment:

Mindy and Nye said...

Great photography....do I see the makings of a calendar per chance? :)