~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

(Lena and I at Mark's dental school graduation.)
Goodbye Baby...
~
Lena walked off to her first day of First grade today. That means ALL day school, at her new school, the Arts Magnet school. We met her teacher yesterday. She looks like my little sister Natalie a lot. She is so YOUNG. She is adorable and sweet and I am SOO excited for Lena to be with her as a teacher. I am so happy to have her at a school that will support and enhance Lena's creativity and artistic flair.
~
Her classroom has a large tropical mural on the "reading wall" where all students of her All Girls class have a big bright plastic file holder lined up in rainbow colors. The ceiling of the walls are lined in icicle lights, and a big ficus tree is lit up as well! It looks so cute and fun, I am really looking forward to spending the next 5 years with Lena here. Everything is so colorful. She even has her own locker! We had to practice opening it yesterday, it's kinda tricky for a 6 yr old! But she's totally psyched about it.
Also, as a special preface to her year, Last night we had Mark give her a special Father's blessing. (That was the tradition in both our families growing up. Our fathers would give each child a special blessing of strength and comfort before each school year.)It was really sweet and touching!
~
Lena wearing her "hula girl" gear -Age 2
This is how we did her hair today. I have been trying to be more creative lately with her hair. It's been fun.

I got her this cute little bag at BCBG, but didn't expect her to like it, but she does... so she's trying it out for school!

Off they go, walking to school together!! Goodbye, my love. Have a fabulous day.

(Mark said she squeezed his hand the whole way there!)

2 comments:

Chapman Channel said...

Lena is so brave--she doesn't look scared, and when she came home it was like, "oh no big deal--not much to say about it!" OH, but when she came home she reminded me of a feeling I had forgotten a LONG time ago and that's the feeling of complete STARVATION the second you walk into the house from school. No matter that it's only three-thirty in the afternoon, I was always famished and ready for dinner!! (But, I've always been on the hungry-side as far as food desires goes...hahah)

The Cochran Family said...

i feeling a lump in my throat just looking at this! I remember the graduation, I remmeber visiting her when she as two and dancing in her car seat, and now such a big , tall, sweet, funny, thoughtful, creative girl! Way to go Lena! Are you sending Dane to K next year?