~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Family frolicking.
~
Well, things we did this week include:

Road trip(an hour and a half or so) to visit Aunt Millie for the day on Wednesday during Mark's 12 hour workday in an effort to pass the time. We played, the kids swam in their big kiddie pool,
hung out, listened to Millie play an impromptu concert on her new (antique) baby grand(sister's got some serious talent!), and to end the night we roasted marshmallows/made smores on their newly made (good job Danny!) fire pit. What is it with boys and fire? Two of my brother in laws (Danny and Nathan) were standing around the fire pit making it bigger and bigger to where even when it rained for a couple of hours it wouldn't go out!!

Cousin Addie's learning to play too!


Dane luvs to swim!


Ollie taking a sip from the hose


Stephie and baby Everett

On Thursday we made another shorter road trip to the Prime Outlets. Let's just say- Sales were abounding. Purchases were made. Fashion has remained in tact. And I will add that I exhibited a pretty awesome amount of restraint at the BCBG outlet, mainly due to the fact that I am still too fat to wear most things cute- ugh. But I did pick up a great fall jacket that I will enjoy wearing to hide the leftover tummy I am trying "somewhat" to get rid of. That means I want to get skinny, but I don't really care enough to do much about it (other than a walk once in a while!). Anyway.

And then on Saturday we celebrated my Sister Katrina's birthday and had a visit from my Grandma, Aunt and Uncle and their kids for the afternoon! It was great to see them again. They reside in Michigan. My grandma lives way up north in a lake house year round and I don't know how she survives the frozen winter months up there! You practically have to be an Eskimo to live that far north! But it is gorgeous in the summer.

And the only sad part is that sweet baby Elsie woke up with a cold on Saturday, and I got virtually NO sleep last night, so I feel a tad zombie-like today. Hopefully she'll get better soon.

1 comment:

The Cochran Family said...

I have to point out the obvious....the majority of "outings" themed blogs are all about Millie did this, Katrini did that, Steph bought this, kids messed with that....what you did with your fam....what would life be with out them! I know you know and Now I know! That was a lot of no's spelled with slient k's and w's fewwwww good think I didn't miss that day in class!!!

I have never heard A-milli play...need to put that on my checklist of things to do before I die....

Oh we were really bad last weekend....we bought a car....ok a screamin fast german car....ok a BMW....no more lil white lexus with a bad trannie...just a hot black BMW 328i with a really cute phanny, as known as a bumper by more sophiticated critics....aka Mark..... and you can tell Mark we got the manual b/c that is how cars were meant to be driven and it has the sport package with the big tires and all that stuff that makes the car a hot little peice of....I LOVE IT!!! Oh and for my new budgeting diva of a friend, we bought it b/c they had amazing financing 0.9% :)