THIS is REALITY.
I don't know how this blog comes across to people who don't already know me, but here's a little slice of my reality.
~
Right now I am locked inside my bedroom, wearing a towel as I just barely took my first shower since SATURDAY. SATURDAY PEOPLE! I had been wearing the SAME shade under-t shirt since SUNDAY. Today is Tuesday. Four o'clock in the afternoon. I know that probably is gross beyond comprehension to many but whatever. It's sick I know. I'll just say I am saving the world one stinky shirt at a time. One less shower at a time.. anyway. Go GREEN! Yeah! The reason the door is locked is because my son won't stop coming in and smacking the buttons on my computer and also begging for juice or milk. No, we are not starving our children- we started a rule, 3 days ago, (that mind you I have already accidentally broken once) that we would only drink water between meals. Not only is this good for oral health (read:dentist daddy/DH), but I have a little 3 yr old boy who can nearly drink his weight in juice whilst (is whilst a word?)shunning every single morsel of normal food if allowed to. Slow starvation Death by vitamin enhanced TANG!! YEAH! Or is it just scurvy that he'd get? I don't know.
~
I have spent what feels like the entire day either nursing the darling baby, feeding the darling children, or trying to crawl out of a nightmare of mess in each and every room of my darling queen Anne Victorian monster of a house. Clean dishes out, dirty dishes in. Clean clothes out, dirty clothes in. Pick up toys here, put away toys there. Sweep floors here, mop floors there.
And thanks to some kind of uneven post partem hormonal imbalances, I am sweating ALL the TIME! I feel like Shrek. Gross, green, and dirty. YUCK.
~
The first half of this day has somehow sucked every last iota of hope and energy out of me, and I kinda feel like falling into some kind of cotton candy filled abyss to escape. (I could never get tired of that stuff)
~
But, the DH is now home, and I got my semi annual hose down... so I don't smell any more, so maybe this day can turn itself around. Or at least not be as exhausting as the first half was. At least it won't be as stinky.





2 comments:
Thanks Rachel. You made me feel a lot better about my sometimes lengthy "dry" spells. But if someone can look as good as you do an an every fifith day shower schedule, then there's hope for women everywhere.
All I have to say it, "Yes!! She's normal!!" I was starting to worry, you just seem so perfect! :)
Post a Comment