~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, August 25, 2008

Prayers for Nie Nie...
~
About a week ago I read on a friends blog about Stephanie and Christian Neilson, who recently were in a private plane crash with a flight instructor, who passed away in that crash. The couple were both found alive but were badly burned. Stephanie had kept an enormously popular blog, Nie Nie Dialogues, which I had only glanced at once before this. After reading about much of her sweet and adorable family, I am taken with the desire to help out in any small way. They have 4 precious children who are now left to the care of family. And they both are in chemically induced comas while they try to recover from their burns. With so many prayers and such strong spirits, hopefully they will be able to recover soon and come home to their children and extended families.
~
It's really amazing how I have been touched by a family that I didn't even know. Stephanie's blog was so sincerely sweet and filled with such emotion. Love for her children, romance and adoration of her husband, who she affectionately called "Mr. Nielson" on her blog. I am truly impressed at her ability to completely embrace the role of Mother and Wife. She just celebrated it so beautifully. It seemed that there was not a single trace of "I am JUST a stay at home mom" which I think is more the norm out there. She was PROUD of it. She made the MOST of it, and it showed.
I have never really been like that. Reading her blog has made me want to be more like that. More celebratory of my little place in life. Not taking it for granted. Bringing more ROMANCE into my relationship with my sweet Hubby. Making life with our children more beautiful, cherished. And I can tell I am not the only one to be inspired by her.
~
Life is a test. Sometimes I wonder when people are so incredibly GOOD at their callings in life, living so beautifully WELL, that their lives resemble ART. Does God give them these unbelievable trials because he KNOWS their inner strength? And he KNOWS that the refining of their lives will just continue through it? (Not to mention the hundreds it will touch) Overcoming these obstacles will make them even closer to a celestial life? Most people, I think, are just attempting to climb to the level of peaceful familial perfection that the Neilson family seemed to have naturally. For some it is a lifelong challenge.
~
I want to do SOMETHING to help them, and this week I will decide where I will do it. I may donate some hand made items for sale. But I will post on that when I decide. Anyway, if you have time and want to read a charming blog, read Nie Nie dialogues, and let her life touch yours too.

View her good friends tribute here
View her Sister's Updates on them
here

No comments: