~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wet and Blue

~

Right now Dane is obsessed with the color blue(and all things spider-mannish). It doesn't matter what it is, if there's a color choice- the kid wants blue. Y'know those plastic IKEA plates/bowls/cups that everyone the the world has? EVERY day its a battle for blue. If Lena DARES ask for blue, he freaks. He will literally start crying if he doesn't get a blue plate,bowl,cup, fork, etc...So the other day he decided he wanted "Spider man BLUE nails...so we painted his nails blue- much to his Daddy's chagrin!!hah! But I figure, better to let him experiment with nail polish at the age of 3 than the age of 23- right? So we painted his toes and fingernails. What made me laugh was that after playing for a few hours, his nails were chipping. So he was getting mad about it and wanted me to repair them. So I gave him a second coat to cover up the chips. Wow. Never thought my 3 year old son could ever relate to my frustration of not having my nail polish last more than a day!!
~
Then in the afternoon yesterday we had cereal for LUNCH, and he wanted blue food coloring in the cereal for fun. So - what the heck- I think, "Sure, lets put blue in your milk".It looked really cool except that the food coloring milk was dying his mouth and teeth and pretty much anything it dripped on. And then it looked pretty unappetizing even to HIM, so after about two bites he wasn't hungry for cereal any more.
~

After we picked up Lena from school and had ice cream cones at the DQ (which is conveniently located next to the school), we walked down to a local park to meet my sis Steph and her little ones. Unfortunately, right as we were leaving it began to sprinkle rain....and I was carrying Elsie in the Bjorn. But since it had been really hot before, it actually felt quite good, so we just kept on walking home in it. The sprinkle quickly turned to a downpour, and while the kids were having a ball getting completely drenched, poor baby Elsie was pretty unhappy about it. It's probably about 1 mile to get home so it's not just like a 2 minute walk either! Surprisingly, a nice man pulled off the road into a driveway ahead of us and just GAVE me his umbrella. It was such a kind thing to do, and it totally calmed Elsi down to not have water pouring on her for the rest of our walk. He was our Good Samaritan of our day, that's for sure!!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

How fun for Dane and Lena--but probably not for your cute little baby. That was sooo sweet of your good samaritan to give you his umbrella.

So I totally disappeared off the face of the planet and now I'm back and we HAVE to get together. Bret's out of town all next week and so maybe if your hubby's around we should do another girl's night just catching up.

so I make the hairbows (I found it on one of the many blogs) by cutting the stem off the bows as close to the flower as you can get. And then getting the hairclippies (they called them alligator clips) at Sally's. You hold them open with a pencil (at the eraser part) while gluing them on. I'll look for the tutorial and then post it on mine (since this makes no sense). I love that you've gotten into the hair blogs, too.

And and lastly, every single time we go to the story Kelsey seriously says, all exasperated, "Mom we forgot to buy Dane's baby sister a present AGAIN". So as you can see I told her to remind me many moons ago and i have clearly not followed through. So expect a gift SOON!