Celebrating Nie Nie!~
Today, for those who don't know, has been unofficially declared Nie Nie Day, in honor of Stephanie Nielson!(Scroll down to read about her and her hubby)Well known blogger, Design Mom, is featuring links to over 90 different bloggers raising funds and making special posts for Stephanie. It is a celebratory collection of people who care, and I am one of them today.
First of all, I am hosting HERE on my ETSY shop several handmade items that I have personally created, the proceeds from these things I will donate 100% to their fund. So check it out and help a family in need!
~
Secondly, because I have been inspired by her creativity, I decided to make my own silhouette art of my kids, similar to the ones in her living room! I read on her blog how to do it, and so today on Nie nie Day I will share how I did this quite easy and adorable project!
~
So, here we go. I did not photograph EVERY step, so be sure and read the directions when you go to do it!
1. Take profile photos of the people you want to make the silhouette art of.
2.Crop thier photo down to just the head and neck, as seen below .
3.My frames were 11X14, so I just made sure my prints were done on a full page print.
4.Print on plain paper,grayscale.(just to save ink!)
5. Then I cut them
out, very carefully!
See Below
6. I then traced those onto the back side of the paper I wanted the silhouette done in. And cut out. (hint: remember to face the children the same direction so thier faces are matching directions!)
7. Next I bought a poster/foam board and craft painted it the color I wanted. You don't have to do this. If you want a plain white background you are good to go!
8. I then hot glued (carefully) the silhouettes to the background paperboard.
9. Put into frames and Hang! Viola!





4 comments:
I loved this--I really even loved their pics printed out, too--Elsie's head that big is cute. hehe
What a great idea! I am really glad you shared this. I also liked the pix of the kids in black and white as well.
Awwww that is tooooooo cute! I'm dying! I love how you coordinated the colors and freames with your kitchen decor. I LOOOOOVE it!!! I agree ELsie's hair looks soooo babby bam bam cute!
Nie Nie...uh us that sooo sad...make you think! I remember this story in the Ensign when I was about 10 about a little girl who got burned real bad, but she was soooo upbeat and positive, she was such an example of gratitude and living life to the fullest. You are an angel for helping :)
that is such a great idea, i'm def. going to have to do that!! :)
Post a Comment