~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

(santa baby)
12 Days of Christmas:

Day 3, 2 and all that jazz..


(p.s. I was told by a sister that really the 12 days of Christmas START on the first day of Christmas.. so this whole countdown thing is kinda backwards..Oh well! We'll try again next year!!hah!)

~

When I am not on a SUGAR high (christmas cookies,candy,etc..)... I have been on the Sugar low.. so I have felt rather divided in energy and purpose. I am looking to this holiday with hopeful anticipation for the children to enjoy the wonders of Santa coming. I have tried to lay down some rules after merciless stealing of cookies by my children. I call it the "Christmas cookie exchange rate." 1 cookie for every 2 baby carrots. I am attempting to balance the sugar-overages, ok?

~

On the other hand...I am looking past it in my mind as well, already on to exciting projects for us to work on in January!! And also the fact that I am excited for After-Christmas SALES!! I have purposefully saved some of my $$ and energy this year for the retail aftermath of the Christmas season,hehee.

~

Also, my sweet has worked much of this week and will continue for most of it, which leaves me home alone with 3 children and in a more lonely-kind of state. We find ourselves playing many rounds of candy-memory, reading all our Christmas books, and chasing each other around the house to Christmas tunes.

~

We are trying to do something Christmassy every night when he gets home. Last night was the lovely Lights of Alum Creek State Park. And they were wonderful,

the children were mesmerized!

~

This year(for the most part)I am sending out cards as I receive them. So- if you want a card, you gotta send me one!! hehe. I'm kinda lazy this year so that's how it's going down!=)

~



1 comment:

Katrina said...

I love the idea for the cookie exchange rate! haha. I am so going to do that with Lilia, AND Nathan!! Except, for Nathan it will be like 10 carrots per one cookie... :)