Good holiday intentions on the 10th day before Christmas.
~
That's what I have. Really good. I intended on doing like all this huge load of stuff that I really might only have time for like 25-50% of it, including the intention to do a daily -twelve days of Christmas post prior to the big day on this here blog-o-rama, and so now I am perplexed as to whether I should go ahead and dive in late or just forget it all together? Hmmm.
SO, I usually am an all or nothing gal, but I feel like starting in late... so maybe you can forgive me for that. I like to keep people guessing.
~
SO, anyway, after last weeks extreme painting day- I stopped posting online the whole rest of the week because I was so impressively busy that I couldn't be bothered with silly things like blog posting.(by the way, that's sarcasm.) But now it's MONDAY, and the only that encumbers my current state of existence is the taking and dropping off of little people to their respective schools, and a cute leach we like to call Elsie. So I'm BACK. Kinda like Britney- only in a less Post re-habby,Loss of child-custody,pop-trashy way.Y'know.
~
Now-For the weekend update part of this post-
On Saturday my hubs and I did the UNTHINKABLE. We LEFT the entirety of our children with a set of twin babysitters, for a Christmas dinner out with the collective dental doctors my dear is in business with. At a COUNTRY CLUB, no less. Woopdeedoo, now aren't we getting high class? Oh yes. The night was lovely.(If, of course that's if you don't point out the part about the fact that I am too fat for ANY of my cute Christmas attire. OR the fact that my sweet natured dream baby turned into scary baby Jack-Jack from the Incredibles and frightened my babysitters to near tears, and that they may never agree to babysit for me again, despite the fact that I payed them VERY WELL for their trouble. Besides that, of course.)I really did have a great time.
~
And with all the Christmassy decorating we have up now, we decided to have a little dessert party at our house Sunday night, so we had some friends over and the kids watched the classic Rankin-Bass clay-mation Rudolph the red nosed reindeer on the big screen while we all hung around and stuffed our faces with pear torte, mint-chocolate mousse cake, and white chocolate candy cane encrusted pretzels. (I only made the pretzels, my super baker friend made the rest.)It was fun.
And for both occasions, I of course forgot to take even one picture.
SOoo yeah.
Also, I just finished reading Glenn Beck's The Christmas Sweater, which I did find to be quite the moving Christmas story, and I recommend it to all!!
And for my sister Amelia,Steph, and whomever else cares...here's more pics of the new dining room! I got both those crystal lamps on the buffet from the Goodwill last week! (left one for 6.99, right one for 4.99 so I need to get a shade)

Chocolate covered pretzels!
Yummy Cookies...
And here's the Mantle-still needs a stocking for Elsie but I can't find one I like!!
2 comments:
ahhhhI love that color of green. It makes me feel like summer and that is just a really good color. yummy.
beautiful!
Post a Comment