Random Act of Paint!
~
I recently stumbled upon (and Bought!) the fabric inspiration for my dining room that has remained untouched for 3 plus years since we've lived in this house.**Tip:when decorating on a budget, always START with your fabric which often-times is the most expensive and difficult part of a room. THEN, let that lead you on to color. I mention this only because we actually thought we had a COLOR picked out for that room, which we never do...and then COMPLETELY rethought it all after finding the fabric!)
~
About 48 hours ago I had had enough of these dull, pale yellow walls in my dining room!
I couldn't bring my self to even decorate for Christmas in there! It HAD TO CHANGE IMMEDIATELY!!
So, last night we HIT IT HARD!
And less than 24 hours LATER, THE SKIES WERE BLUE in our DINING AREA....
And the chipper WALLS of GREEN....
well, let's just say
it is VERY VERY GOOD.
My inspiration for this room is The GRAND HOTEL, on Mackinac Island.. and after we spent both our honeymoon and our ten year anniversary there, we decided to pay homage to it as both a reminder of those special times and because I ADORE the designer who decorated it. In fact, I think I have inadvertently decorated my house with his style in mind. So this lovely paint is the first step to a lovely finished room! Woo HOO!!!
(Yes, I know- I am a crazed fan of this very famous designer! But let me just holler, CARELTON VARNEY ROCKS!!!)






5 comments:
Looks really great!! I can't wait for Lisa to get here, we are going to have to get together and do our sisters date :)
eeep! it's amazing! i can't wait to see it all pulled together.
<3
Rach I LOVE THE COLORS!! They are gorgeous and I love the blue ceiling. I need all ceilings blue. i love it
No wonder I haven't heard heads or tails of you for like three days! It looks awesome!
I love it Rachel! You've inspired me to do something to my shabby shack! ( and I'm not talking shabby in the chic sense!!) so when you coming out here to help me??
Post a Comment