HAPPY St. Patty's DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
~Ok, so I have to admit I have absolutely no feeling for St. Patty's day.
~I have never really talked about it with my kids...or really have any reason to celebrate whatsoever. We are not Irish. We don't drink beer. Which really, for most adult Americans (as far as I can tell) is the singular celebratory response to this holiday.
~
I think we do own the one veggie tales movie that talks about St Patrick...so I think I kind of know the story (in as much as Veggie Tales is accurate in it's story-telling...ahem.)
~
Anyway...
Seriously my kids in general do not talk about school when they get home.
Usually, after about 112 questions about how school was today,
they usually say simply ,
"It was good."
~
Well, apparently at Dane's preschool yesterday it was a St.Patrick's day fiesta!!
~Because that was ALL.I. HEARD. ALL. NIGHT. yesterday.
~~Enthusiasm filled his little heart since then:
~"Did you know that leprechauns are hiding all over?"
~"And that they are as small as my thumb? No, I mean a mouse! No, I mean a small baby mouse!"
"Leprechauns LOOOOVE gold! In a POT!"
~
SOOO, in response to all the enthusiasm, this morning I decided to post my ....
~FIRST BLOG TUTORIAL!!!!!!
(All thanks to my son's ingenious creativity.)
~
STEP 1: Create the BAIT. (a.k.a. GOLDEN COINS. Because obviously all leprechauns are only out for the money.)

"HOW TO MAKE A LEPRECHAUN TRAP!"
STEP 1: Create the BAIT. (a.k.a. GOLDEN COINS. Because obviously all leprechauns are only out for the money.)
STEP 2: Find a "POT" for your GOLD.
STEP 3: FIND A TRAP for the Leprechaun. (In our case... a pet carrier.)
STEP 4: GO INSIDE the TRAP and try it out. THEN PLACE THE POT OF GOLD DEEEEP INSIDE.
AS SHOWN BELOW.
FINALLY, CHAIN TRAP TO SOLID HEAVY OBJECT. (so the Leprechaun doesn't try to run off with the Pot O' Gold AND the carrier.)
This should catch you a leprechaun on St. Patty's DAY!
(p.s. We are still waiting for ours to be caught...but Dane reminds me that they are sometimes sneaky and go invisible so you might have to wait it out for a while. May the LUCK of the IRISH be with you!!!!)





No comments:
Post a Comment