~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Uncommon Inspiration in Brazil!
~
One of my favorite Blog reads is called
The Misplaced Americans. Written by a fellow Mormon mom of 3 young boys, who is living as a "Normal American Family", except they are living in Brazil! And her hubby is the bishop of thier growing ward.
~
Recently she posted this (and I am basically copying it word for word because I want you all to be as inspired as I was...and I fear if I just post a link some of you won't click on it!) :
~
FROM "THE MISPLACED AMERICANS":
~
People say the rising generation is in trouble. I say they don't know the rising generation.
Let me introduce you to one of the main reasons our ward rocks:
~

These are our young men. Priests (16 &17) top row, Teachers (14 &15) middle row, and Deacons (12 & 13) bottom row. They are all recently arrived from camp, which always takes place during Carnaval, to "take them out of the world," so to speak. It works.

Did I mention they are almost ALL recent converts?

Did I mention eight months ago we only had three?

Did I mention that there are young men pictured who have stopped drunken fathers from killing frightened mothers?

Did I mention that there are young men pictured who have been held at knife point while their step-father attempted to rape their sister?

Did I mention that there are young men pictured who have to deal with drug dealers at recess?

Did I mention that there are young men pictured who walk 3km on dirt roads to get to the bus stop that takes them to church?

Did I mention almost all of them are the only members in their family?

Did I mention that I get goosebumps every time I see them in white shirts and ties, when I think of how they looked like gang members a few months ago?

Did I mention that my heart wants to explode?



No comments: