~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, August 23, 2007


.....Hello... is anybody home?


This week my mom called me and said- " I'm so sorry I didn't call yesterday, to wish you guys a happy Anniversary!"


Me, "When? What day is it? Whaaaa? Ohhhh my Gooooosh. I totally forgot it was our anniversary yesterday!!! I can not believe we both totally spaced our own anniversary this year!"


Later in the day as Mark calls me, I say- "Oh hi! So, guess what yesterday was?"

Utter Silence. "Um...I don't know."

"It was our ANNIVERSARY! Can you believe we BOTH forgot?" I laugh incredulously.
Mark was completely shocked and so sad because he has NEVER forgotten anything like this! But lucky for him so did I!


Is that sad or what? Our 11th anniversary and, well- we just blew right on by it that day without a single word or thought! Now- we DO have plans for it- we're not just forgetting it totally. We are going to Florida over Labor day sans kids in honor of our Anniversary. So we WILL get to celebrate it. We'll just have to make sure and put like a gold star on our calendar so we won't forget next year. Whoops!!

No comments: