~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, August 17, 2007

Dirty Dishes...

Last night I had my Card Club. I am like 2 months behind, so I owed not only my cards for that night (which I totally hadn't made) but like 24 other cards. Ha! I ended up bringing all my stuff and making them while I was there. (Well- getting started on it anyway.)

Sometimes when it rains it pours- right? The other night as I was driving our Saab to BCBG, it stalled on me 4 separate times! I went in to work, and when I came back to my car to drive home- the driver's side door was hanging open! The door is barely hanging on by like a tiny metallic thread and I didn't realize it, so I hadn't "slammed" it shut properly. CRAZY. So that car could use some work...maybe even replacing. About 4 days ago, just as I am recovering from last week's plague- my dishwasher stops washing and starts hot drying my dirty dishes for hours on end. I realized this after several tries at running a wash cycle. So yesterday I finally got the repair man out- and our only 18 month old Dishwasher is DEAD. It needs a repair that is as expensive as buying a new machine. Just add it to the list.

Oh well, it could always be worse. That's my strange form of optimism that somehow always helps me feel better when things seem to be getting overwhelming. We are all healthy- relatively- happy- for the most part- and somewhat wise.

In other T.M.I. news, I am hoping, planning, wishing, and hoping some more that I can get pregnant this month. Whaaaat?!? You might ask. No- we haven't been trying. I just decided that I want to be due (hopefully)in May. I just don't want to be super pregnant in late summer, like I was with both Dane and Lena. We had been thinking that we want to have another baby- but the whole problem I have is with the pregnancy thing. I just don't really want to do THAT part of it. I just wish I could skip it and get straight to the baby part. I feel like I have been there, done that- you know? Anyway- I do want to be done having kids by 36 ish- so ideally we can make it happen and in about 5-6 years I can get a tummy tuck and breast lift and be done putting my body through the stretcher.
AND we are going on our Anniversary trip to FLORIDA at the end of this month so hopefully I won't have to be patient!!

Anyway- I am shopping for new dishwashers instead of crystal chandeliers....and darn it I guess I have to deal with that. Good bye Swarovski...Hello Kitchen Aid, or Bosch, or Kenmore, or ......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel...this is Amy. I was reading Amelia's Blog and then I saw that you left a comment on hers and I realized that I needed to talk to you and see if you could do my makeup for my wedding next weekend anyways. Can you? I asked Amelia a couple of weeks ago and she thought that you could...Im just making sure all the plans are in order. I hope hope hope you can lend your beauty expertise to my pale disgusting face. hahah Im going to have to slather on some sort of faux tan before now and then. If you can do it just email me at alstratt@yahoo.com and let me know. I'm getting my hair done at 11:30 and then we are all going to a hotel in Tipp City to get ready together and relax and such...so I thought that would be a good place for you to come do my makeup. LEt me know also if I need to buy some sort of special makeup or if youre going to bring some, however that may work. Hopefully I will see you soon!