THE WALLPAPER FILES (Cont.)
Yesterday was an average day. Took my sweet addict kids (wonder who they got that from?) to Cici's Pizza (one of their favorite places to eat mainly because of the dessert brownies at the end.) and then went to get groceries.
As I had just pulled into the driveway, our ward's missionaries came panting into my driveway on their bikes, dripping with sweat (98 degrees in Ohio humid heat is like 120 out west) in their black pants and shirts and ties. They looked miserable. They asked if they could use my bathroom and get some water and I said sure. They had an ice cream sandwich too. Anyway...after resting a bit they headed out, and on their way out said to me, "Sis. H- We were praying for someone to be home so we could rest and the angels will bless you saving us this afternoon!"
I said sarcastically, "Well, if that's all it takes, I'll give you water every day!"
Jump to later in the evening. We decide to finish our dirty wall covering deeds, and fearfully start in on a new strip. ON it goes! Quickly, fairly effortlessly, with not even a grumble! Wow. Probably just luck. We continue, and before I knew it, only a couple of hours later...the kids are in bed, and ALL MY WALLPAPER is UP! I thought- OH my GOSH! I DID get blessed for giving the missionaries water!!!! YAHOOOO! Yipee! If the angels want to help me wallpaper- I am OKAY with that. YES I AM.





No comments:
Post a Comment